I've been MIA lately since I haven't had much to write about and since I'm getting sick. I found this survey at Sarah Ruth Today.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I have like a million different kinds, it drives Hubs crazy!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I'm not really a fan of pine.
3. When do you put up the tree? I like to do it the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I didn't put anything up since we are in a tiny apartment.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I honestly cannot remember.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Everyone. I suck at picking out gifts. I prefer to ask someone what they want then get that.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Hubs. Since I'm around him much more than everyone then I know things that he wants or needs.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Negative.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like sending them via the mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Gift cards from Hubs the first year we were dating. SO impersonal.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't have one.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I always start around Thanksgiving. I should really start sooner though.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Nothing in particular.
16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I'm not a big fan of a Christmas songs.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer staying home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Ha, I don't think so.
20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Hubs likes to open one on Christmas Eve then the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Favorite children’s Christmas song? I don't remember.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the people out shopping.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? I'd love to have a theme.
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Honey baked ham, always.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new TV for our bedroom and a chair for our living room, but I'm getting neither.
27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? Nope.
28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I have no idea.
29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot chocolate or apple cider.
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? I like lots of colors.
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? Nope.
32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Magic key, because I don't have a chimney.
33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Either is fine. I normally get cash from my parents.
34. Favorite children’s Christmas Cartoon? I don't remember.
I can't believe the weekend is already over. They are was too quick.
I missed work today because I feel a cold coming on so I took today off to try to get some rest so I could nip this thing in the bud. It really seems to be helping. I took a nap earlier and that seemed to help, except for the gnarly headache I woke up with. But it's gone now with the help of some Excedrin.
This weekend we went to Kohl's since one of Hubs new co-worker's gave him a 20% friends and family pass for this weekend. We went looking for a specific Christmas gift with no luck. Instead we ended up picking up a dog bed for a steal!
How was your weekend?
1. How do you order your steak?
Medium well. I don't like there to be any pink, but when I order it medium well it's really crispy and I don't like it like that.
2. Are you superstitious about anything?
I don't think so. I'd really have to think about that.
3. Who is your best friend (not including your spouse)?
Sadly, I don't have one of those. Hubs is my only best friend.
4. When is the last time your wore a dress (for the guys...a suit)?
I wore a dress last Monday at work. Only because I had recently shaved my legs to wear a dress for my company's holiday party. I'm normally not one to wear dresses.
5. Do you have any trips scheduled?
Not yet. Thinking about a meet up in Vegas with The Honey B in March. Wanna join?
(1) Who is your favorite actor?
My favorite actress is Kristen Bell.
(2) Do you collect anything?
Shot glasses. I have lots of them!
(3) What's the biggest turn off in someone of the opposite sex?
(4) If you HAD to change your first name, what would you change it to and why?
When I was little I asked my mom if I could change my name to Rebecca. I have no idea why, but now I know I wouldn't want that to be my name, it doesn't fit me.
(5) What virtue is better: forgiveness or justice?
That depends on whatever the situation is.
I am tired. I have a headache. And I'm just waiting for this day to end.
Hubs is still in training. Thursday is his last day, then on Friday he starts his regular shift. Which is random. You would think they would wait until Monday for that. Doesn't bother me though, that means he will finally start coming home before 10pm.
I will leave you with some cuteness. My adorable nephew wearing the Batman shirt that I bought for him.
First, Happy December!
Second, I am happy to announce that my SIL is pregnant! She is 11 weeks today. I am going to be an aunt... again! :)
Also, today is Hubs first day of his new job. For the next week and a half he will be in training, then he goes to his regular shift. It's definitely going to be different then what we are used to now.
Christmas is coming soon and that is insane. This year has flown by!
I should probably get back to work now. I'm still behind on stuff from last week. :(
Thanks to the lovely Jen at What Would Jen Do for posting these.
1. What is your favorite way to eat chicken?
In the tender form with ranch. Yum! Preferably with a side of fries.
2. Have you decorated for Christmas yet?
Nope, we have no room to store decorations in our apartment. We only have this tiny white Christmas tree. We don't even have decorations for it anymore. I'll probably put out the tree sometime this week, once I figure out where to set it.
3. What is your favorite article of clothing?
Cardigans and hoodies. I don't have a specific one though.
4. Do you pay your bills online or write checks the old way?
Hubs pays them online.
5. Do you make Christmas cookies?
Last year my mom and I did. And this year we plan on it again.
(1) What's your favorite fast food establishment?
Sonic. So yum!
(2) What's your favorite sport to watch on TV?
Volleyball. AVP beach volleyball is probably my favorite though.
(3) Do you like mushrooms and onions?
Mushrooms, no. Onions, sometimes. I hate raw onions, but grilled ones I have no problem with.
(4) If you had to get a tattoo tomorrow, what would you get done?
I would get the flowers on my right arm fixed. But if it had to be a new one then I would get my grandfather's police badge tattooed on my left inside ankle.
(5) What are your thoughts on the female proposing marriage to the male?
Personally, I would never have done it. I'm a traditional girl and the man is supposed to propose to the woman.
Sadly, today was the last day before I go back to work after nine days off. It's going to be tough. I imagine there will be lots of freaking out and stressing about all the work I've fallen behind on. I'll need to remember to just breathe.
Over my nine day weekend I didn't get many of the things done that I wanted. Like, finishing my book. I think I might have read a total of 15 pages the entire time. Leaving me with 157 unread pages.
We did go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and take a trip out to the outlet malls. We were able to buy Hubs a pair of Vans and a cute toy guitar for my nephew for Christmas. We also hung out with the in-law's a lot. We made peanut butter pies with them the day before Thanksgiving. I may share that recipe on here sometime because they're so delicious. It's a family recipe!
I also watched a ridiculous amount of television shows. I was able to finish all four seasons of Skins and I'm working on finishing the fourth season of Mad Men.
Then there was Thanksgiving which was a very busy day for Hubs and I. But it was nice to spend so much time with family.
Hubs starts his new job on Wednesday, which is something we're looking forward to. This week and next are his training day which have miserable hours that I'm not looking forward to, but at least he'll be getting paid for it. I'm hoping all goes well for him and that he'll enjoy it.
All in all it was a great time off, even if I didn't get to do everything I wanted, but I'm not looking forward to the 5:45am alarm in the morning.
Well it's that time of year to start looking at and ordering your Christmas cards. We always order Christmas photo cards from Shutterfly. I am having a little bit of a dilemma though; we don't have a photo yet!
Picking last years photo was pretty easy. I ended up using one of our wedding photos since we had just gotten married that year. But this year it's different. I would have love to be able to use a picture of us with a baby or a pregnant belly or even an ultrasound photo. But it's just the two of us and I'm going to embrace the time we still have with just the two of us. But we still have the issue of having no photo, so I'm using the current cards on Shutterfly for ideas.
Here are some of my favorite Christmas photo cards:
1. What is your favorite part of a Thanksgiving meal?
I really don't have a favorite part of the meal. I don't like much of the Thanksgiving food. But I enjoy the time with my Husband and family.
2. Are you a host or a guest for Thanksgiving this year?
I was a guest at both of the Thanksgiving's I went to. But at my in laws I actually cooked the ham and prime rib and that was my very first time cooking either one of those. The ham was fantastic and I only had a bite of the prime rib so I don't really know how that was.
3. When you think of one Thanksgiving tradition, what comes to mind?
Well now the tradition for Thanksgiving is making peanut butter pies with the in laws. This year was the first time we did it but it's much easier to just make them with the entire family then making them on my own every year, plus we get to hang out with family.
4. You have two pieces of pie in front of you and you HAVE to eat one...do you choose pumpkin or pecan?
I don't really like pies, but out of the two I would choose pumpkin. The only pie I eat is the peanut butter pie that I just mentioned.
5. Are you a Black Friday Shopper?
Heck no! I would kind of like to be, but I just don't have the patience for all the people. I would be a cranky pants all day and it wouldn't be fun for anyone.
Also! If you're a new follower then say "HI" and give me a link to your blog so I can check it out and follow it!
I'm not a big fan of most Christmas songs, honestly. They always get in your head and stay there for days! I don't like any song that much.
2. Do you and your significant other cuddle at night or sleep on opposite sides of the bed?
It depends on the night, but usually we sleep on opposite sides of the bed. When we cuddle either one or both of us ends up not sleeping very well. Most of the time he isn't even able to fall asleep if we are cuddling.
3. Have you ever had surgery?
No, thank goodness. The worst thing I've had is stitches on my forehead.
4. When do you typically have your holiday shopping done?
A couple days before Christmas. Every year I'll say I'll get better and be done before December, but that never happens. I suck at shopping for people. Honestly, just tell me what you want and that's what I'll get.
5. If money were not an issue (and you HAD to pick something), what would your ultimate luxury item be?
A new car. It doesn't have to be NEW new. Just new to us. A bought and paid for car. We really loathe our car payments.
On Friday I had an appointment with a new OB, Dr. Hope. Some of you may have seen me freaking out on Twitter on Friday. I've never been good at doctor's appointments. Especially the ones where I have to take off all of my clothes.
Anyways, the appointment went really well. I felt very comfortable and confident with Dr. Hope. We went over our TTC history and a little family history. Sadly, my mother hasn't been very open regarding her TTC history. I just know it took them three years to get pregnant with my brother then another seven to get pregnant with me. She also had an ectopic pregnancy in between.
I told him about the positive OPK that I got relatively early this month. He thinks because of that that I might have a bit of a hormone issue. Which he said would be quite simple to regulate with the right medications.
He was very open to putting me on meds right away as I'm very adamant about getting pregnant. But he also suggested OPKing and having timed BD for another month or two, which is the route we've decided to go. That way we know we are hitting the days right and his spermies are being saved up for the right time. Then if that doesn't work then we will try medicine. Before that though Hubs is going to get an SA, we just need to figure out where.
There is still the chance that I am pregnant now though. I'm still keeping hope. As of right now I am CD 28 and it's been 15 days since I got my + OPK. I'm not positive what day I actually ovulated on. So keep your fingers crossed!
How was your weekend?
Photography. I love taking pictures. I've wanted to better myself at it for awhile, but I don't make enough time for it in my life. I think I'm going to change that.
2. Would you rather have a house at the beach or a cabin in the woods?
A cabin in the woods. I love the beach but I don't want to live near it.
3. Is there any meaning or reasoning for the names you chose for your child/children?
We don't have kids right now, but we do have two fur babies.
Hubs picked Kenai. He's originally from Alaska so he named her after the Kenai Peninsula.
I picked Root Beer. There was a dog that I wanted from Pet Finder before we got ours and it's name was Root Beer and I thought that was the most adorable thing. So, I picked it for my dog. Plus the dogs looked almost identical.
4. What is your guilty pleasure? (I know we've done this one before, but I'm guessing people's "guilty pleasures" change frequently. At least, mine do!)
Fried foods. I love them, all of them. Well, mostly all of them. This is something I should probably get over though. :( Fried foods to not do the body any good.
5. Do you live in a house that is deep cleaned or straightened?
Straightened most of the time. I have to be in one of those moods to actually deep clean. I clean better when I'm angry or upset.
I just thought I would leave you with some fall hope.
Well, I've officially entered the 2ww. I got my first positive OPK on Sunday. (First meaning this is the first cycle where I've remembered to test more than once. Thank you, phone alarm!) Which was CD 13 and I thought that would be early for my cycles which are around 30-33 days.
This is the first cycle where I've felt real hope. And that scares me.
Everytime I think this could be it there is always a voice in the back of my head that thinks that maybe it didn't work this time and I'm just going to be let down.
I know that I'm going to need some major distractions this 2ww. Give me your suggestions! Maybe I'll actually finish the book I'm reading!
How many DPO do you usually wait to test?
In other news, I have an OB appointment on November 12th (it will be CD 25, approximately 11/12 DPO). This will be my first one since we've been TTC. I've recently started making a list of questions and things I need to tell the doctor.
Anything you recommend that I ask him?
1. Who is the better cook, you or your spouse?
I'm going to have to say Hubs is a better cook.
2. How often do you talk to your mom?
Everyday. We work together. And she likes to text me.
3. Are you adventurous in the kitchen or stick to the recipe?
I tend to stick to the recipe. Hubs is the more adventurous one.
4. Is your second toe longer than your big toe?
They're about the same.
5. Do you dress up for Halloween? (Bonus question: What will you be this year?)
Hubs worked. It was lonely. I watched the first four episodes of the current season of Life Unexpected. Hubs finally got home around 10:30. It was a long night without him. My parents dogs bark at everything and it freaks me out. We watched some Mad Men and hit the hay.
Woke up super early (5am). Hubs has been interested in hunting lately so we went out with his dad and sister to watch his dad quail hunt. Which we only saw one the entire time and that was when we were driving out to a location to actually hunt at. We got some good hiking time in though.
After hunting we went to a different location to do some shooting. I finally got to shoot the two new guns my dad gave me. He gave me a SIG P6 (P225) and my grandpa's Wingmaster 870, and I love both of them. Hubs wanted me to shoot his shotgun, but I hated it.
Saturday I also went to work for a few hours, which was lame. But I wanted to make up some time from me missing work on Wednesday.
Lazy day! We sat around all day and watched Mad Men. I just wish I could have taken a nap though. That would have made the day perfect.
I worked. But I took some time out to have lunch with two lovely ladies. Jenny from Among the Blossoms and Brittany from The Goodyear Family. We went to IHOP and our server looks like Snoop Dogg and he kept calling all of us "sweetheart". And told us multiple times that we could get "whatever we want". Only slightly creepy. But we had a tottally fun time!
How was your weekend?
1. Do your pants get hung on a hangar or folded?
Folded. I have no closet space in our new place.
2. If you are stranded on an Island, what 3 things would you need to have with you (not including humans or electronic devices)?
Chapstick. Hair Tie. Dr Pepper.
3. Where is the farthest you have ever traveled to?
Germany, Austria or Switzerland. I don't know which is farthest.
4. Do you live in a house, trailer or apartment, etc.?
5. What is your most hated household chore?
Cleaning the bathrooms. YUCK!
I've never had an actual pen pal, but before I went to Germany with People to People we got to email with some of the families that we were going to stay with.
2. If you could do a different job for one day, what would it be?
Anything with books. I love books.
3. Do you remember your biggest fear from when you were little?
I'm guessing it was the dark and bugs. I still have a problem with both, haha.
4. What do you think is a waste of time? Why?
TV. But I watch it anyways.
5. What is the oldest item you have in your closet?
I have my Letterman's jacket. Hubs has a jacket from when he was in football when he was little.
When he first instant messaged me I was confused and not interested. I soon found out he had a girlfriend which was a turn off. I'm not sure how it happened but we just continued talking to each other on AIM.
We talked all day, everyday. We both had the Sidekick 3 so it was easy for us to talk all the time. We had AIM at our fingertips.
A few months after we started talking, I started dating a guy I liked that just came home from being station in Virginia for the Marines. We dated for a few months and during that time I can't remember ever talking to Rob. I was distracted with the Marine.
The Marine eventually dumped me. I don't know why, but I'm thankful. He was a complete douche anyways. Soon after Rob started talking to me again on AIM. And it turned out he was newly single too.
We went back to talking as frequently as we had before, maybe more. I remember waking up talking to him and falling asleep talking to him. I talked to him at work, at the movies, hanging out with friends. I know people were annoyed with me being on the phone chatting with him all the time, but I was slowing falling in love with him. He listened. He made me laugh. He made me smile. I could tell he cared. Even if we were just chatting.
One night we had this conversation (this is the original conversation thanks to Rob saving it from AIM from his Sidekick):
Rob: Hey, I'm gonna ask you a question, cos I'm drunk, I wouldn't. But I'm drunk. Okay with that?
Rob: You know I like you, right?
Rob: Just an e crush though :]
Me: uhm. do now, apparently.
Rob: That and I'm drunk. So yeah. ..disregard
Rob: Well not to drink, but, enough.
Rob: To tell you that lol
Me: was that the question?
Me: oh. haha. feelings are reciprocated.
After this conversation a stronger relationship blossomed.
About two weeks later Rob asked me on a date, July 7th 2007. I accepted. He picked me up at my parents house (which is the first time and place we ever met), came in to say hello to my parents and off we went. We went to the movies to see Transformers.
I remember being nervous and I know he was too. I can't remember what we talked about, but it was a fun night. I remember him putting his hand on my knee for a second and I know he was so scared to even touch me. After the movie he dropped me off at home, gave me a hug goodnight and left. And soon after we started talking on AIM, saying all the things we were too nervous to say in person. It was a wonderful night and the start of our relationship. <3