The Weekend Is Over

Sadly, today was the last day before I go back to work after nine days off.  It's going to be tough.  I imagine there will be lots of freaking out and stressing about all the work I've fallen behind on.  I'll need to remember to just breathe.

Over my nine day weekend I didn't get many of the things done that I wanted.  Like, finishing my book.  I think I might have read a total of 15 pages the entire time.  Leaving me with 157 unread pages.

We did go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and take a trip out to the outlet malls.  We were able to buy Hubs a pair of Vans and a cute toy guitar for my nephew for Christmas.  We also hung out with the in-law's a lot.  We made peanut butter pies with them the day before Thanksgiving.  I may share that recipe on here sometime because they're so delicious.  It's a family recipe!

I also watched a ridiculous amount of television shows.  I was able to finish all four seasons of Skins and I'm working on finishing the fourth season of Mad Men.

Then there was Thanksgiving which was a very busy day for Hubs and I.  But it was nice to spend so much time with family.

Hubs starts his new job on Wednesday, which is something we're looking forward to.  This week and next are his training day which have miserable hours that I'm not looking forward to, but at least he'll be getting paid for it.  I'm hoping all goes well for him and that he'll enjoy it.

All in all it was a great time off, even if I didn't get to do everything I wanted, but I'm not looking forward to the 5:45am alarm in the morning.

 Tomorrow I'm going to want one of these.

So tell me, how was your Thanksgiving weekend?

5 comments on "The Weekend Is Over"

Kim Lockett wrote: November 28, 2010 at 10:56 PM

I love your blog! Very adorable. You look so happy in your pictures. I'm following you from 20sb and I hope you will check out my blog as well.

http://kimberli-findingmyway.blogspot.com
dismalgrin@gmail.com


Grace wrote: November 29, 2010 at 12:20 AM

Oh I hear you. I had a 4 day weekend and I'm so not ready to go back to school or work... Glad to hear that you had a fun and relaxing time though. :) Watch, before we know it, it'll be the weekend again.


jennifer @ What Would Jen Do wrote: November 29, 2010 at 7:14 AM

i only had a 4 day weekend and i'm dying here at work. this day needs to go by fast.


Honey B. wrote: November 29, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Thanksgiving rocked. We did ZERO cooking, and had our turkey dinner at the country club. So doing that for Christmas! And then we relaxed for the weekend. Great start to the holidays!


Unknown wrote: December 5, 2010 at 10:08 AM

I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving! Relaxing is so worth it. Don't worry about the book. You got so much else done. I was able to finish the book I was on, read another one and start a third over the week but we were driving a lot so I had a lot of down time.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email