Oh How I Wish It Was Still The Weekend

Friday:

Hubs worked.  It was lonely.  I watched the first four episodes of the current season of Life Unexpected.  Hubs finally got home around 10:30.  It was a long night without him.  My parents dogs bark at everything and it freaks me out.  We watched some Mad Men and hit the hay.

Saturday:

Woke up super early (5am).  Hubs has been interested in hunting lately so we went out with his dad and sister to watch his dad quail hunt.  Which we only saw one the entire time and that was when we were driving out to a location to actually hunt at.  We got some good hiking time in though.

Cute heart shaped cactus we saw while walking around.

After hunting we went to a different location to do some shooting.  I finally got to shoot the two new guns my dad gave me.  He gave me a SIG P6 (P225) and my grandpa's Wingmaster 870, and I love both of them.  Hubs wanted me to shoot his shotgun, but I hated it. 

My FIL is a thug.  Beer in one hand, gun in the other.

Saturday I also went to work for a few hours, which was lame.  But I wanted to make up some time from me missing work on Wednesday.

Sunday:

Lazy day!  We sat around all day and watched Mad Men.  I just wish I could have taken a nap though.  That would have made the day perfect.

Monday:

I worked.  But I took some time out to have lunch with two lovely ladies.  Jenny from Among the Blossoms and Brittany from The Goodyear Family.  We went to IHOP and our server looks like Snoop Dogg and he kept calling all of us "sweetheart".  And told us multiple times that we could get "whatever we want".  Only slightly creepy.  But we had a tottally fun time!

How was your weekend?

4 comments on "Oh How I Wish It Was Still The Weekend"

TexasBobbi wrote: October 12, 2010 at 9:55 AM

That sounds great mine was overwhelming in a weird way.


Unknown wrote: October 12, 2010 at 1:29 PM

Awesome! My weekend was full of food and friends. I love the picture of your thug FIL. I want to learn to shoot a handgun so bad!


Unknown wrote: October 13, 2010 at 12:03 AM

Cute cactus pic!..and I officially love your FIL! :) haha


Everly wrote: October 14, 2010 at 5:28 PM

i thought you guys had lunch together, from reading your twitters.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email