I found this great recipe for a frozen margarita. So I wanted to share.
The frozen concentrate that I bought was 12 ounces, so I just upped all the ingredients. Also, I couldn't find a strawberry concentrate so I bought pink lemonade and fruit punch. The one I used last night was pink lemonade, quite tasty! I plan on getting pineapple next time.
Things You'll Need:
- 5 ounces strawberries, frozen (fresh or prepackaged)
- 5 ounces strawberry juice concentrate, frozen (or other flavor mixture as desired)
- 5 ounces white or gold tequila
- 2 ounces triple sec
- Powdered sugar or salt
- Wedge of lime
- Add frozen ingredients to a blender. This includes 5 ounces of frozen strawberries, 5 ounces of strawberry (or other as chosen) juice concentrate and a handful of ice. I added my 12 ounces of concentrate along with a ton of strawberries. I love strawberries, so I don't think I could have too many.
- Pour in the liquor--5 ounces of white or gold tequila and 2 ounces of triple sec. I added 5 double shots of tequila and 2 and a half of triple sec.
- Put the top on the blender and "puree." If your blender does not have this option, simply blend on high until the mixture reaches a slushy consistency. Set aside for a minute.
- Take a margarita glass and trace the rim with a wedge of lime.
- Pour powdered sugar or salt (depending on whether you prefer sweet or salty) out on a paper plate or paper towel until it forms a thin layer.
- Turn the glasses over into the mixture so that the rims touch the salt or sugar. Pick them each up one at a time at tap them to remove the excess, then turn them right-side up.
- Pour your blended margarita into the glass carefully, being careful not to hit the sides and remove the salt or sugar.
- Serve and enjoy!