Meeting Dr. Hope

On Friday I had an appointment with a new OB, Dr. Hope.  Some of you may have seen me freaking out on Twitter on Friday.  I've never been good at doctor's appointments.  Especially the ones where I have to take off all of my clothes.

Anyways, the appointment went really well.  I felt very comfortable and confident with Dr. Hope.  We went over our TTC history and a little family history.  Sadly, my mother hasn't been very open regarding her TTC history.  I just know it took them three years to get pregnant with my brother then another seven to get pregnant with me.  She also had an ectopic pregnancy in between.

I told him about the positive OPK that I got relatively early this month.  He thinks because of that that I might have a bit of a hormone issue.  Which he said would be quite simple to regulate with the right medications.

He was very open to putting me on meds right away as I'm very adamant about getting pregnant.  But he also suggested OPKing and having timed BD for another month or two, which is the route we've decided to go.  That way we know we are hitting the days right and his spermies are being saved up for the right time.  Then if that doesn't work then we will try medicine.  Before that though Hubs is going to get an SA, we just need to figure out where.

There is still the chance that I am pregnant now though.  I'm still keeping hope.  As of right now I am CD 28 and it's been 15 days since I got my + OPK.  I'm not positive what day I actually ovulated on.  So keep your fingers crossed!


8 comments on "Meeting Dr. Hope"

jennifer @ What Would Jen Do wrote: November 15, 2010 at 6:41 AM

fingers crossed for you. look i got to your blog at work, ssshhh, I think it was a fluke.


Tillie wrote: November 15, 2010 at 8:43 AM

FX for you love!! I am so excited that you wen to Dr. Hope! You can have him request the SA for hubs as my OB is who requested it for gene.


Anonymous wrote: November 15, 2010 at 9:29 AM

Fingers are firmly crossed!!!


Anonymous wrote: November 15, 2010 at 12:03 PM

I hope that this is your month and you don't have to go down that road. FXd!!!!!
<3
{{HUGS}}


Courtney wrote: November 15, 2010 at 7:52 PM

Oh girl, I hope this is it for you guys!! I have high HOPES that 2011 will be fabulous for so many of us <3


Anonymous wrote: November 15, 2010 at 11:00 PM

FX crossed for you!


TexasBobbi wrote: November 16, 2010 at 12:00 AM

Girl I have everything crossed for you.


Unknown wrote: December 4, 2010 at 5:26 PM

Okay. I don't really know what all of the letters mean but I'm glad you are comfortable with your doctor. I'm way behind so I'm sure there's more to this story that I haven't gotten to yet. I need to follow you on twitter. I am @mannadonn


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email