OPK's and OB's ... Oh My!

Well, I've officially entered the 2ww.  I got my first positive OPK on Sunday.  (First meaning this is the first cycle where I've remembered to test more than once.  Thank you, phone alarm!)  Which was CD 13 and I thought that would be early for my cycles which are around 30-33 days.

This is the first cycle where I've felt real hope.  And that scares me.


Everytime I think this could be it there is always a voice in the back of my head that thinks that maybe it didn't work this time and I'm just going to be let down.

I know that I'm going to need some major distractions this 2ww. Give me your suggestions!  Maybe I'll actually finish the book I'm reading!

How many DPO do you usually wait to test?

In other news, I have an OB appointment on November 12th (it will be CD 25, approximately 11/12 DPO).  This will be my first one since we've been TTC.  I've recently started making a list of questions and things I need to tell the doctor. 

Anything you recommend that I ask him?

6 comments on "OPK's and OB's ... Oh My!"

jennifer @ what would jen do wrote: November 2, 2010 at 6:13 AM

i always waited to test until the last possible minute and sometimes not even then. i'd just wait for my period to start because for me that's easier on me than a a negative test.

i wish you very much luck and a very busy 2 ww


Courtney wrote: November 2, 2010 at 7:01 AM

I'm so wishing you all the best my friend <3


Lindsey wrote: November 2, 2010 at 7:32 AM

Yay! Sending you the best of thoughts and good luck vibes:-)
To answer your question: I started testing at 7 dpo, got a super super faint line at 8 dpo, but I'm still not sure it wasn't my eyes playing tricks on me. I got a "Pregnant" on a CB Digital at 10 dpo.
You'll be in my thoughts:-)


Stephanie wrote: November 2, 2010 at 8:11 AM

New follower here...wishing you lots of luck!! I'm in the middle of infertility treatments so I can't test until 2 weeks 2 days until after possible conception because I may get a false positive. I too am in the middle of my wait, I will know something one way or another by November 15. Good luck to you on this cycle!! :)


Jessa wrote: November 2, 2010 at 11:43 AM

When we were trying (on hiatus for surgery recovery) I was averaging 2-3 days late for no apparent reason, so now I won't test until I'm 6 or 7 days late.


Anonymous wrote: November 2, 2010 at 7:09 PM

I have only had one dIUI under my belt, and I waited until about 13dpo to test. I knew it was going to be negative though- I had all my normal symptoms of my impending period coming.
I think if you tell them at your appt. they may do a urine hCG or get you a beta done.
Good luck sweetie!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email