I've been MIA lately since I haven't had much to write about and since I'm getting sick. I found this survey at Sarah Ruth Today.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. I have like a million different kinds, it drives Hubs crazy!
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I'm not really a fan of pine.
3. When do you put up the tree? I like to do it the day after Thanksgiving, but this year I didn't put anything up since we are in a tiny apartment.
4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I honestly cannot remember.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Everyone. I suck at picking out gifts. I prefer to ask someone what they want then get that.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Hubs. Since I'm around him much more than everyone then I know things that he wants or needs.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Negative.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I like sending them via the mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Gift cards from Hubs the first year we were dating. SO impersonal.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't have one.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I always start around Thanksgiving. I should really start sooner though.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Nothing in particular.
16. Lights on the tree (colored or clear)? Colored.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I'm not a big fan of a Christmas songs.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? I prefer staying home.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Ha, I don't think so.
20. Angel, star or ribbon on top of tree? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Hubs likes to open one on Christmas Eve then the rest on Christmas morning.
22. Favorite children’s Christmas song? I don't remember.
23. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? All the people out shopping.
24. Favorite ornament theme or color? I'd love to have a theme.
25. Turkey or ham on Christmas day? Honey baked ham, always.
26. What do you want for Christmas this year? A new TV for our bedroom and a chair for our living room, but I'm getting neither.
27. Does anyone in your family dress up as Santa? Nope.
28. Age you discovered who Santa was? I have no idea.
29. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or apple cider? Hot chocolate or apple cider.
30. Traditional colors (red and green) or other colors? I like lots of colors.
31. Do you have any Christmas decorations on your roof? Nope.
32. How does Santa get into your house? Chimney or magic key? Magic key, because I don't have a chimney.
33. Do you prefer gifts or gift cards? Either is fine. I normally get cash from my parents.
34. Favorite children’s Christmas Cartoon? I don't remember.
I can't believe the weekend is already over. They are was too quick.
I missed work today because I feel a cold coming on so I took today off to try to get some rest so I could nip this thing in the bud. It really seems to be helping. I took a nap earlier and that seemed to help, except for the gnarly headache I woke up with. But it's gone now with the help of some Excedrin.
This weekend we went to Kohl's since one of Hubs new co-worker's gave him a 20% friends and family pass for this weekend. We went looking for a specific Christmas gift with no luck. Instead we ended up picking up a dog bed for a steal!
How was your weekend?
1. How do you order your steak?
Medium well. I don't like there to be any pink, but when I order it medium well it's really crispy and I don't like it like that.
2. Are you superstitious about anything?
I don't think so. I'd really have to think about that.
3. Who is your best friend (not including your spouse)?
Sadly, I don't have one of those. Hubs is my only best friend.
4. When is the last time your wore a dress (for the guys...a suit)?
I wore a dress last Monday at work. Only because I had recently shaved my legs to wear a dress for my company's holiday party. I'm normally not one to wear dresses.
5. Do you have any trips scheduled?
Not yet. Thinking about a meet up in Vegas with The Honey B in March. Wanna join?
(1) Who is your favorite actor?
My favorite actress is Kristen Bell.
(2) Do you collect anything?
Shot glasses. I have lots of them!
(3) What's the biggest turn off in someone of the opposite sex?
(4) If you HAD to change your first name, what would you change it to and why?
When I was little I asked my mom if I could change my name to Rebecca. I have no idea why, but now I know I wouldn't want that to be my name, it doesn't fit me.
(5) What virtue is better: forgiveness or justice?
That depends on whatever the situation is.
I am tired. I have a headache. And I'm just waiting for this day to end.
Hubs is still in training. Thursday is his last day, then on Friday he starts his regular shift. Which is random. You would think they would wait until Monday for that. Doesn't bother me though, that means he will finally start coming home before 10pm.
I will leave you with some cuteness. My adorable nephew wearing the Batman shirt that I bought for him.
First, Happy December!
Second, I am happy to announce that my SIL is pregnant! She is 11 weeks today. I am going to be an aunt... again! :)
Also, today is Hubs first day of his new job. For the next week and a half he will be in training, then he goes to his regular shift. It's definitely going to be different then what we are used to now.
Christmas is coming soon and that is insane. This year has flown by!
I should probably get back to work now. I'm still behind on stuff from last week. :(