Day 21 - A Recipe

This is my Grandma's recipe for tuna noodle casserole.  Nothing fancy, but I love that it's my Grandma's.  And its simple, just like me.

Tuna Noodle Casserole

Ingredients:

tuna noodle casserole (1)

  • 1 - 12 oz. package of noodles
  • 2 - 10.5 cans of cream of mushroom soup
  • 2 - 5-6 oz. cans of tuna
  • 1 - 15 oz. can of peas (you can use a smaller can)
  • lots of shredded cheese, whatever kind you like
  • French's French Fried Onions or crushed up Lay's Potato Chips
  • Nature's Seasoning or whatever your prefer
  1. Preheat the oven to 350°.
  2. Cook the noodles as directed on the package.  Whatever kind you like.  I normally use rotini, but I decided to use bowties instead.
  3. Put cooked noodles in a casserole dish.

    tuna noodle casserole (2)
  4. Mix in cream of mushroom soup, tuna and peas.  You can also add some shredded cheese, I do.

    tuna noodle casserole (3)
  5. Put in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
  6. After 15-20 minutes remove from over and add French’s French Fried Onions or crushed up Lay’s Potato Chips (Lay’s are what my Grandma originally used, I think I learned about French’s from my Mom) and lots of cheese.
  7. Then put back in the oven for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
tuna noodle casserole (5)

6 comments on "Day 21 - A Recipe"

Kell wrote: August 18, 2010 at 10:47 PM

Oh man.. that looks SO good. But, I confess.. I'd pretty much eat ANYTHING that has farfalle noodles in it. They're my favorite. (Is that weird, considering pretty much all noodles taste the same?)


jensays (what would jen do) wrote: August 19, 2010 at 6:56 AM

i think i might make this tonight, i believe i already have all the ingredients


Unknown wrote: August 19, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Looks yummy!


Three Cats and a Baby wrote: August 21, 2010 at 7:59 AM

I love tuna noodle!!!

I usually use egg noodles when I make it. And I use seasoned bread crumbs on top. And I add lots of cheese in with the noodles :)


Erica wrote: August 24, 2010 at 2:12 PM

That looks really good...off to copy recipe...;) Happy ICLW!


Glass Case of Emotion wrote: August 25, 2010 at 5:57 PM

Love it! Happy ICLW!
Jess (#74)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email