A Loss

I shared this news on Twitter on Monday, but I haven't had a chance to write about it here. I wasn't sure what to say or how to word it. And I still don't.

My brother sent me a text telling us [Hubs and myself] that my SIL had miscarried and it was confirmed by the doctor that day.

My heart broke.  It ached for them.

Once I received the text message I read it to Hubs and I tried my best to hold back the tears. That baby is my niece or nephew. It's my family. My blood. And knowing I'll never see or meet them breaks my heart.

I can't even imagine what they're going though.

As far as I know, this is the first miscarriage that my brother and SIL have gone through. I don't know how they're handling it but I told them we're here for them and we'll keep them in our thoughts.

My brother and SIL have never been open with their infertility with me. Or my parents for that matter. And I'm not sure why. I know people open up at their own pace, but we want to be there for them.

I'm not sure when or if they'll ever open up to us about it but I'll just keep reassuring them that we're here for them whenever they need us.

13 comments on "A Loss"

Anonymous wrote: April 30, 2010 at 10:50 PM

I am so sorry to hear this. :(


Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) wrote: May 1, 2010 at 2:17 AM

Miscarriages are bullcrap. I'm sorry for your sister in law and brother.


Betty wrote: May 1, 2010 at 4:02 AM

I'm so sorry :(


Anonymous wrote: May 1, 2010 at 4:36 AM

This breaks my heart. :( I'm continuing to pray for them and your family.


Wendy wrote: May 1, 2010 at 5:39 AM

I'm so sorry for your whole family. Miscarriages are heartbreaking,as is infertility. I'm praying for you all.


Courtney wrote: May 1, 2010 at 5:59 AM

I am so sorry :( That is aweful I wish no one had to go through that! (I'm also sorry I havn't been on Twitter :( I feel so left out)


Courtney wrote: May 1, 2010 at 11:49 AM

I too wish no one had to experience something so heartbreaking as losing a baby. It not only affects the parents but the entire family as well. You lost a family member no matter how small they are.

My thoughts are with you and your family.

*hugs*


Natalie wrote: May 1, 2010 at 7:07 PM

my heart goes out to them; i can't imagine anything more devastating. *hugs & prayers*


Anonymous wrote: May 1, 2010 at 8:41 PM

*HUGS* I'm sorry for your family's loss.


Honey B. wrote: May 2, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Ohh, so sad... *hugs*


Womb With A Story wrote: May 2, 2010 at 4:27 PM

I am so very sorry... *hugs*


Kristi Bonney wrote: May 3, 2010 at 5:16 AM
This comment has been removed by the author.

Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud wrote: May 3, 2010 at 5:24 AM

I'm so sorry to hear that Kaitlin. That's terrible! Last year we lost our nephew when my sister-in-law miscarried at 7 months gestation. It was devastating. I can't imagine what she and your sister-in-law are going through. Lifting them up in prayer...

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

PS I had to delete my last comment because I logged in under the Google account that has absolutely no info on it. Sorry!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email