TTC Lingo

This list is for one of my close friends who isn't TTC (trying to conceive).  She isn't really caught up on all the lingo, but it makes me happy that she's actually interested in learning.  This is for you, Terra.

This is no where near all of them, but they are the ones that I might use.

2WW: Two-week wait (until you can take a pregnancy test)

AF: Aunt Flo(w), your period (menses)

BBT: Basal Body Temperature

BD: Baby dance, sex

BFN: Big Fat Negative (test result)

BFP: Big Fat Positive (test result)

CB: Cycle Buddy (someone who shares the same menstrual cycle dates)

CD: Cycle day

CF: Cervical fluid

CM: Cervical mucus

CP: Cervical position

CY: Cycle

DP: "Dancing" partner; spouse or significant other

DPO: Days past ovulation

EW: Eggwhite (re: consistency of cervical mucus)

FMU: First morning urine

HPT: Home Pregnancy Test

IF: Infertility

LP: Luteal phase

O: Ovulation

OPK: Ovulation predictor kit

PCOS (POS): Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome

PG: Pregnancy, pregnant

TCOYF: Taking Charge of Your Fertility (book)

TTC: Trying to conceive

4 comments on "TTC Lingo"

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) wrote: April 18, 2010 at 8:04 PM

This post really took me back to my TTC days....


Anonymous wrote: April 18, 2010 at 9:11 PM

OH MAN That's what you broads are talking about on Twitter!


My Junk, Your Treasure. wrote: April 19, 2010 at 10:47 AM

I LOVE IT! SOOOOO helpful! You're the best! Now I can keep up with all of this TTB baby making goodness! THANKS!!! :DDDD <333333


Honey B. wrote: April 20, 2010 at 5:55 PM

I thought I knew lots of the acronyms, but I learned a few new ones!! lol


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email