To Perm or Not To Perm...

THAT was the question for this Saturday.

I decided TO perm.

Don't mind my awkward face.


Yeah, I'm adorable.

Yep, that's my bathroom.


Hubs just thought this picture looked cool.

I'm not in love with it.  It's going to take some getting used to.  It's a nice change though.  The curls were supposed to be bigger and more wavy, but that's not exactly how they turned out.

17 comments on "To Perm or Not To Perm..."

Gucci Mama wrote: April 25, 2010 at 2:05 PM

I think it's lovely! Maybe the curls will loosen a little bit as you wash your hair and it'll look more like what you imagined. I think it's gorgeous just how it is though!


Em wrote: April 25, 2010 at 2:08 PM

It looks good. I wanted to perm my hair, but the last time I did it, it burned my hair at the hairline... It was traumatic. lol


cara wrote: April 25, 2010 at 2:09 PM

You look lovely ! I think it looks really nice :) maybe after a few washes it will go how you wanted ? x


Nancy wrote: April 25, 2010 at 2:14 PM

Maybe you can use some curly hair mousse and a diffuser to dry it if you want it a bit crazier :)


amanda leeann wrote: April 25, 2010 at 2:55 PM

i've been through several perms in my life! they make for a good change :) hope it grows on you!


Honey B. wrote: April 25, 2010 at 3:02 PM

I like it! I got my hair permed a few weeks ago and while I wasn't sure about it at first, I can do good things with a diffuser and mousse! lol


K wrote: April 25, 2010 at 4:37 PM

I like it... it's subtle. I agree with you though, bigger curls would've been awesome.
Perming's probably the only thing I HAVEN'T done to my hair, and that's because it's just too short.


Three Cats and a Baby wrote: April 25, 2010 at 5:17 PM

You look so cute!! Thanks for sharing the photos!


Anonymous wrote: April 25, 2010 at 11:15 PM

Pretty! I bet it will hold a large curl much easier now. Try using hot rollers!


Betty wrote: April 26, 2010 at 12:59 AM

It looks cool! I've never had the nerve to perm my hair, lol.


Anonymous wrote: April 26, 2010 at 6:29 AM

I love it! Years ago I got a perm and my hair did the same thing--the curls just didn't quite look how I wanted them to. Well then my hair got curlier after the perm. And now? I have natural "soft" curls. I don't always wear my hair like that (most days I straighten it), but hair can do funny things. :) For now, try using a curling iron or rollers to get it where you want it to be.


Tillie wrote: April 26, 2010 at 6:45 AM

I <3 it too!!! I think it'll relax a little once you can wash it...of course I love it as it is now!!!


My Junk, Your Treasure. wrote: April 26, 2010 at 8:48 AM

i think it looks really cute. the only picture where it looks iffy is the one where it's straight down your back, it looks way permed, but i like the picture where you have it side parted and around your neck to the front. really cute!!! i keep telling myself i want permed loose waves, just scared. haha!


Kristi {at} Live and Love...Out Loud wrote: April 26, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I like it! It looks natural and subtle. Try experiment with a few products that'll give your curls some definition. They even products that kick your curls up a bit. My girls have really curly hair and mine is wavy so we've always got some kind of product in our hair. lol
I'm starting a new blog carnival tomorrow called "OH NO HE DIDN'T!" TUESDAY. It's going to be so much fun. Come on over, read the details and play along if you're interested! Have a great day!

Kristi, Live and Love...Out Loud
@TweetingMama

PS Here's the link: http://liveandloveoutloud.com/archives/2011


Natalie wrote: April 26, 2010 at 10:15 PM

i'm likin it for surrrr


nikki wrote: April 29, 2010 at 6:38 AM

i love the curls. and the ink.

im jealous of both :)


Ashley wrote: April 29, 2010 at 6:48 AM

I love it. I think it's just the right amount of curls/waves! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email