Funny Phone Call Friday

I work at a law firm in downtown Phoenix, AZ.  I work Monday through Friday and everyday I cover the receptionists lunch breaks from 1-2 pm.  It's not technically my job.  I was covering for a girl that went on maternity leave... but she never came back.  So I've been stuck doing it.

I generally don't get interesting or funny phone calls.  Just annoying ones.  But the other day I got a phone call that was just too funny that I had to share.

Me: "Thank you for calling Law Offices. How may I help you?"

Person on the phone: "Hi, how much are your iced coffees?"

Me: "Ummm... this is a law firm."

Person on the phone: "Oh, I thought this was a McDonald's."

*hangs up*

I don't know if that person was serious or prank calling, but it was quite funny.

Tell me about a funny call you received.

4 comments on "Funny Phone Call Friday"

Michelle wrote: May 28, 2010 at 8:10 AM

Our phone at work is one digit off from a mortgage company. We receive countless calls a day with people trying to pay their mortgage. They usually will not take no for answer when I tell them they have the wrong number. One of these days, I'm going to just tell them someone paid off their mortgage ;)


Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird wrote: May 28, 2010 at 8:42 AM

I worked at a coffee shop and I had someone call and asked if we had hamburgers.

When I explained that he'd called a coffee shop he said, "Okay... so do you have hamburgers?"

Um...


Nikus wrote: May 28, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I work at a financial office. In my first year, this guy called screaming, "I want to talk to my baby mama!" At the time there were only 3 people in the office, myself (no kids), my Mom (it wasn't my Dad), and another woman who didn't have kids. That is all he would say! Very odd!

We're more prone to weird walk-ins as our office is right next to some Psyciatrist's office. The best one was the guy walked in and told us he was there for his IQ test and asked for Dr. so-and-so. We told him to go right next door (literally, out our door 1 step, and the door is right there). He left and I watched him walk down a 25 foot hallway to a real estate company's office. He came out of there a minute later and finally went in the right door. I could have told him he was gonna fail that IQ test!


Anonymous wrote: May 28, 2010 at 4:13 PM

That is funny.

One time my husband got a phone call from a lady yelling at him for having an affair with her husband. My husband was like WTF, what kind of man do you think I am, I am married, etc. Turns out the lady switched two numbers in the phone number and ended up on the phone with my DH instead of her husband's mistress. He put it on speaker phone the lady was cracking me up.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email