I Lead A Boring Life [Weekend Update]

I realized I haven't really posted in over a week.  I'm not sure why.  I've felt like writing, but when I try nothing worth while even comes out.  So I give up.  What do you do when you have writers block or get into a funk when it comes to your blog?

I should really look at those writing books I purchased from Amazon to help me blog.  [1. No One Cares What You Had for Lunch: 100 Ideas for Your Blog by Margaret Mason and 2. The Write-Brain Workbook: 366 Exercises to Liberate Your Writing by Bonnie Neubauer]

Anyways, back to the weekend.

  • Friday after work, Hubs and I took a 2-3 hour nap then woke up and went to dinner at Marie Callender's.  It wasn't as great as I was hoping.  Plus, I was really craving a grilled cheese sandwich and some tomato soup.
  • Saturday afternoon was spent on the couch watching eight episodes of The Vampire Diaries.  Um... INSANE!  I really hope it will be back for another season.  I desperately want to know what happens!
  • We went to see the championship game for the Arizona Roller Derby.  It was between the Bad News Beaters and the Brawlarinas.  The Bad News Beaters ended up winning.  [139-109]
  • At the Roller Derby you can buy tickets for drawings that they have.  Well, my dad ended up winning the final drawing.  His gift bag had two shirts, a hat, some stickers, a pin AND a $50 gift card to a tattoo shop.  Awesome!  My dad gave one of the shirts to me and the other shirt and the hat to Hubs.  Thanks, Popsicle!
  • Hubs and I ended up seeing Letters to Juliet on Sunday.  I thought the story was adorable.  But the outfits that they put Amanda Seyfried in were awful, mainly the dresses.  Apparently the clothing department didn't like her.
Those are the highlights.  The rest of the weekend was spent; on the couch watching television, on the computer or sleeping.  We also went to Walmart after the movie, but that's not really important.  We just picked up some milk, cheese and ya know... four bottles of wine.

What did you do this weekend?

5 comments on "I Lead A Boring Life [Weekend Update]"

Candice wrote: May 17, 2010 at 7:22 PM

OMG Vampire Diaries HAS to come back. I'm pretty sure it's already been renewed. I would just wither if I didn't find out what happened. LOL


Anonymous wrote: May 17, 2010 at 10:18 PM

You're too cute. I remember having weekends like this before we had Avery. Enjoy them!


Anonymous wrote: May 18, 2010 at 7:11 AM

Sounds like a great weekend to me! I don't know if I can convince my husband to go see Letters to Juliet with me. He says he can't get past Amanda Seyfried's "dumb" character in Mean Girls.


Jen @ After The Alter wrote: May 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM

Your weekends sound pretty much like mine! Lots of couch time! I think it's cute your DH went to see that movie with you. I know mine never would!


Honey B. wrote: May 22, 2010 at 1:08 PM

Are Vampire Diaries on par with the Southern Vampire series...?? :-)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email