Grab a Book and Read Wednesday

Like that title?  I think it's pretty clever. ;)


Talk of the Town by Lisa Wingate: This is a free book that I got from Amazon for my Kindle.  I adored this book.  It took me awhile to get into it and it also took me awhile to finish it.  But it was adorable.  Very funny and cute. 


Give Me Fever by Niobia Bryant: Yet another free book from Amazon.  I bet that doesn't surprise you.  I didn't really know what to expect when I started this book.  It ended up turning into an almost erotica type book.  I really liked it and I flew right through it.  Took me about a day and a half to finish it.


Heat of Passion: An Out of Uniform Story by Elle Kennedy: Another free book (which is actually still free, just in case you have a Kindle).  It's a very short book, which made it a really quick read.  I always love a trashy romance novel with a happy ending and that's exactly what I got.

Currently reading:


Just Sex by Susan Kay Law:  Surprisingly not a free book, but it was cheap!  Only $2.35 and it's quite long.  Just started it Monday on the way home from work.  It's about a man that was caught cheating on his wife and he tells his wife it was just about sex.  He then tries to tell his wife to have an affair to realize that it's just about sex.  Should be interesting!

What I want to read next: 


I'm really looking forward to reading Dead in the Family by Charlaine Harris.  I just have to wait until my mother finishes reading it first, since she's the one that actually bought it!  Looks like I won't get this until my next week.  My mom didn't finish it before they left for Texas. :(


Hubs really wants me to start reading this series he's reading.  The first one is Enemies: Foreign and Domestic by Matthew Bracken.  He's currently on the second book; Domestic Enemies: The Reconquista.  I might give them a try after I read the latest Sookie book.  I just wish I could buy them for my Kindle.

Tell me about a book you've read recently. What are you reading now?

9 comments on "Grab a Book and Read Wednesday"

Megan wrote: May 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM

As much as I love a good romance, I'm currently in fantasy-mode!

I just finished reading the Night Angels Trilogy by Brent Weeks and am currently reading book 11 of the Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan. :)


Anonymous wrote: May 19, 2010 at 12:36 PM

The enemies series is surely not for the feint hearted. Great read though, challenges the mind and makes you think.

Yes this was anonymously "hubs"


Betty wrote: May 19, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Looks like you have some good books on your list. I just started an interesting self-help book called Beneficial Law of Attraction by Hope Bradford. It's a life manual for achieving personal success for this life and beyond.


Jenna wrote: May 19, 2010 at 8:00 PM

Right now I'm reading The Girl Who Played with Fire by Steig Larsson.

I'm totally hooked on it already. Thanks for the list of books, I'm getting ready for my summer reading fest :D


Tillie wrote: May 20, 2010 at 7:29 AM

Glad you wound up liking Talk of the Town! I was a little worried that you weren't liking it!! Can't wait for you to fill me in on the other books!! I'll try and do my book review this week.


Amaprincess wrote: May 20, 2010 at 6:04 PM

I joined paperbackswap.com and I have a huge pile of books to read now....Currently I am about to start Charlaine Harris' other series -Harper books. First one is called Grave Sight! Love that you review books...I am always looking for a new one (although I might not get to it til next year!)


Honey B. wrote: May 22, 2010 at 12:37 PM

I just finished the fifth Charlaine Harris book...omg they're amazing!!


Welcome wrote: May 23, 2010 at 3:46 PM

Hi, I am new to your blog - but I am loving it!! I'm already a follower..The book I am reading now is Bergdorf Blondes and I am certainly digging that book..I love reading but I must admit that I don't do it as often as I should..

XOXXO
Kiki

PS. Stop by some time...


Sarah Ann wrote: May 24, 2010 at 12:55 PM

I've wanted to read that first book for awhile but always wondered if it'd be slow. Glad you liked it and now I'll have to try! :)
Cute blog!!!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email