The Perfect Homemade Frozen Margarita

I found this great recipe for a frozen margarita.  So I wanted to share.

The frozen concentrate that I bought was 12 ounces, so I just upped all the ingredients.  Also, I couldn't find a strawberry concentrate so I bought pink lemonade and fruit punch.  The one I used last night was pink lemonade, quite tasty! I plan on getting pineapple next time.

Things You'll Need:

  • 5 ounces strawberries, frozen (fresh or prepackaged)
  • 5 ounces strawberry juice concentrate, frozen (or other flavor mixture as desired)
  • Ice
  • 5 ounces white or gold tequila
  • 2 ounces triple sec
  • Powdered sugar or salt
  • Wedge of lime
Instructions:
  1. Add frozen ingredients to a blender. This includes 5 ounces of frozen strawberries, 5 ounces of strawberry (or other as chosen) juice concentrate and a handful of ice. I added my 12 ounces of concentrate along with a ton of strawberries. I love strawberries, so I don't think I could have too many.
  2. Pour in the liquor--5 ounces of white or gold tequila and 2 ounces of triple sec. I added 5 double shots of tequila and 2 and a half of triple sec.
  3. Put the top on the blender and "puree." If your blender does not have this option, simply blend on high until the mixture reaches a slushy consistency. Set aside for a minute.
  4. Take a margarita glass and trace the rim with a wedge of lime.
  5. Pour powdered sugar or salt (depending on whether you prefer sweet or salty) out on a paper plate or paper towel until it forms a thin layer.
  6. Turn the glasses over into the mixture so that the rims touch the salt or sugar. Pick them each up one at a time at tap them to remove the excess, then turn them right-side up.
  7. Pour your blended margarita into the glass carefully, being careful not to hit the sides and remove the salt or sugar.
  8. Serve and enjoy!
I skipped the lime and salt/sugar step.  I was drinking with a straw, so I didn't need either.  Next time I might try it though.  I've never had it with powdered sugar though.

4 comments on "The Perfect Homemade Frozen Margarita"

Honey B. wrote: May 30, 2010 at 3:48 PM

Dispatching Marmot for tequila as we speak! ;-)


Anonymous wrote: May 30, 2010 at 5:33 PM

Hey,
I've enjoyed stumbling over your blog. I want to follow you and keep up, but I just wanted to encourage you to keeping going forward and don't give up. I have PCOS and have been trying to conceive for over two years now. So I can relate and understand how you feel. Feel free to check out my blog, I'd love to add your blog to my blog roll, and I hope you will follow me, and add me as one of your favorite sights. I'll be praying for you. Here's my blog. Follow me. Your blog is awesome. :)

http://ourjourneythrufaith.blogspot.com/

God Bless,
Jessie


Three Cats and a Baby wrote: May 31, 2010 at 3:42 PM

YUM :)


Tillie wrote: June 1, 2010 at 8:59 AM

mmmmmmmm margaritas!! Will totally have to try this!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email