A Class Act... Really


On Friday night we went to dinner to meet this girl we're supposed to be going to Vegas with.  We met up with a few of Hubs friends (Travis, Brandon and Paulo) and the girl (Jamie, Travis' friend).  I'm going to be blunt; I don't like her.

Some real highlights of the evening:
  • She made no attempt to even talk to me.  I didn't try that hard either because we honestly didn't seem to have anything in common.
  • She mentioned doing drugs a number of times.
    • Example 1: Doing shrooms at Disneyland. Classy!
    • Example 2: Doing acid during the Zumanity Cirque du Soleil show.
  • She had a ring on her finger, but never mentioned a husband.
  • She had two names tattooed on her foot; Ella and Evan. But she never mentioned any kids.
  • She talked about going to a jacuzzi party (aka "sausage fest") that same evening.  Again, not mentioning her husband.
Hubs texted messaged his friend, Travis, the next day trying to get some information out him about this girl.  I want to know more about her especially if I'm going to have to spend any time with her in Vegas.  Turns out she IS married.  Why no mention of her husband ever is beond me.  And her husband is not going along with us to Vegas. I stumbled upon her Facebook the other night (and I really did stumble, I didn't even want to look for her).  But once I did find it I did have to do a little bit of stalking.   Turns out she DOES have kids.  Two like I though; Ella and Evan.

I just find it really odd that during the course of a few hours she failed to mention her husband and children all while flirting with Hubs friend.  That's real classy.  I'm not going to let her ruin my vacation though.  Hubs already knows how I feel about her so we probably won't be spending much time with her.  At least I hope so.  I'm just glad that we aren't driving together anymore.

I know I may be jumping to conclusions, but I always trust my gut and if I don't like her, then I don't like her. That's that.  Maybe she'll change my mind while we're there, but that's doubtful.

11 comments on "A Class Act... Really"

Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) wrote: March 2, 2010 at 7:52 AM

She doesn't sound like someone I would particularly like, either!!!


Anonymous wrote: March 2, 2010 at 8:05 AM

A lesson I'm still learning...

If it smells like fish,
looks like fish,
tastes like fish,
and acts like fish...

It's probably not a bird.

Go with your gut.

(And OH doesn't it make you mad that this woman had a hubby and TWO kids and they aren't important enough for her to mention??? Some people shouldn't be parents.)


Megan wrote: March 2, 2010 at 8:37 AM

I agree with you, Kaitlin. It's pretty obvious from this girl's behavior that she's not super classy and doesn't seem to appreciate her family. I find it very strange she's going to Vegas without her hubby, but I guess someone's got to watch the kids...


Unknown wrote: March 2, 2010 at 11:08 AM

OH MY GOSH! She sounds just like my husband's ex wife. She did all kinds of stuff like that. Ended up leaving him while he was stationed in KOREA!

But that's ok. He's MINE now! :)


Holly wrote: March 2, 2010 at 11:38 AM

I once had a gut feeling about a person like that and I decided I was being judgmental and let it go and wound up becoming friends, best friends even, with that person. Then they stole a whole lot of money from me and I learned I should always trust my gut.


Anonymous wrote: March 2, 2010 at 3:45 PM

She doesn't sound like someone I would want to be close with either. And trust your gut. Hopefully you won't have to spend that much time with her.


Honey B. wrote: March 2, 2010 at 6:47 PM

Bizarre! Forget about her, hang out with me in Vegas! lol


Kell wrote: March 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM

That is weird to not mention a husband or kids.. especially the kids. And doing drugs at disneyland? I'm positive I'd have the same gut feeling about this girl.. hopefully you don't have to be around her much in Vegas!!


Anonymous wrote: March 3, 2010 at 9:43 AM

Yeah, she definitely doesn't sound like someone that is good to hang out with. Hopefully y'all can avoid her as much as possible in Vegas.


Jen @ After The Alter wrote: March 4, 2010 at 9:29 AM

It's funny when it comes to girls...I tell my husband we can get a "vibe" from them with in minuts. And if you don't Vibe..I doubt you ever will. I hate nasty girls. booooo And that is wierd about never mentioning her family. Sometimes when I meet new people I find myself say ing "my husband" this or that too much I have to stop myself..lol


Tillie wrote: March 5, 2010 at 10:35 PM

wow - crazy lady. hope you don't have to hang out with her much in vegas...if you do - just get drunk! lol


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email