Trying To Look At The Bright Side

Well, as I tweeted this morning; AF showed up.  And early too.  I knew she was on her way though.  All her usual signs were there: horrendous back pains, I was getting bitchier than usual and the free coffee I snagged at Dunkin' Donuts yesterday was giving me an upset stomach.  [Coffee only makes me sick around my period; retarded.]

Hubs knew that AF was coming around so he was trying to get me to look at the brightside of the situation.  Which was very sweet of him. :)  He's been a great support system lately.

--On our Vegas vacation I'll actually be able to drink the three feet [strawberry] margaritas I've been dreaming about.

--I'll be able to use the ovulation strips and Pre-Seed that I just bought over the weekend on Amazon.

--I can start doing the 30 Day Shred that I've been putting off for the past month (or two).  I honestly can't wait to do this.  I know it's going to kill me, but in a good way.  I've felt disgusting for months and it's finally time to do something about it.


--I started riding our recumbent bike. Last night I rode 5 miles and this morning I rode 2.5; it's definitely a start.


Do you try to look at the bright side?  I know it's hard to sometimes. 

I just really liked this.

15 comments on "Trying To Look At The Bright Side"

Sharon wrote: March 9, 2010 at 9:02 AM

I hate when AF shows up early! She's so tacky that way. Seems like she always shows up for me when I have, ahem, romantic plans with my husband. How cruel.

I'm very interested in this 30 Day Shred. I hope that you will blog about it as you do it!

And drink a big ass margarita for me! (I like them w/no salt..)

<3


NaVe wrote: March 9, 2010 at 9:02 AM

WOW! you're awesome. What a great way to look at it! And kudos to your hubby - it's not often that a man understands the pro's and con's to AF showing up unannounced/early....


Ashley wrote: March 9, 2010 at 9:04 AM

Ooh, good luck with all of that!

I love that meaning of life comment. :)


Anonymous wrote: March 9, 2010 at 9:24 AM

LOVE this post :) I have been trying to look at the brightside of things for the past few months. It's definitely hard some days but it's made me feel better on the inside :)

BTW-a 3 feet long margarita sounds divine!


Meg wrote: March 9, 2010 at 9:33 AM

Ah, I'm sorry. But you're doing a great job at being optimistic. As hard as it is sometimes, I really do feel like everything happens for a reason. It'll happen when it's meant to happen (as much as I hate when people say stuff like that), and when it does, you'll know that it's perfect timing. And definitely. With 9 months of no drinking or enjoying a deli sandwich, you should look at the next few weeks as a challenge to do everything you can that you won't be able to do soon. Instead of a 'bucket list' it could be a 'prego list.' Sounds fun!


Busted Kate wrote: March 9, 2010 at 11:20 AM

Those are some GREAT bright sides to look on! Especiall the 3-ft margs. I'm definitely a fan of those as well! Oh, so jealous... have fun in Vegas. What happens in Vegas... ends up on the blog?

And here's another bright side. I'm actually jealous of your AF. It could be she didn't show up at all (but not for the good reason). At least you get to start over fresh!

Have fun in Vegas!


Anonymous wrote: March 9, 2010 at 11:22 AM

I'm so sorry that AF showed, but you are doing a great job at staying optimistic. That 3-foot long strawberry margarita sounds amazing! Enjoy it. :)


amanda leeann wrote: March 9, 2010 at 5:31 PM

i loooove the 30 day shred! it kicks my butt every time, but it's awesome! [if only i would stick with it. i keep stopping for a week & have to start over, haha] good luck!

i love the meaning of life thing =]


Womb With A Story wrote: March 9, 2010 at 11:54 PM

I'm soo sorry AF showed up but I am very glad you are looking at a brighter side!! YOU GO GIrl!!


Kell wrote: March 10, 2010 at 12:06 AM

30 Day Shred is killer.. you'll feel so great about yourself after finishing though! The day after you'll be incredibly sore.. but hey, worth it. And I just love that quote at the very bottom. I wish more people could remember that!


Three Cats and a Baby wrote: March 10, 2010 at 5:43 AM

Oh, that is what a recumbent bike is for? Mine holds all my dirty clothes in the middle of my bedroom. Perhaps I should take the clothes off and try sitting on it.

Sounds like you are going to have an awesome trip. That is definitely a bright side. Enjoy!


Anonymous wrote: March 10, 2010 at 8:57 AM

I'm sorry AF came early. :( But looking on the bright side can help a little. :) I started the 30 day shred and really enjoyed it. Well, "enjoyed" isn't the right word. I could tell it was helping. Good luck!


Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) wrote: March 10, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I'm sorry AF showed, and early to boot. She's such a bitch. But good for you for looking on the bright side! I remember how hard that can be to do sometimes. And MMMM.. strawberry flavored alcoholic drinks. *Homer Simpson drool*


lovemylevi wrote: March 10, 2010 at 9:02 PM

I love optimism and positive energy! Great post, it really helped me flip my bad thoughts towards optimistic ones :o)


Honey B. wrote: March 12, 2010 at 8:57 PM

I love your optimism! And I just reminded Marmot that he needs to mail the package of stuff for you to try! lol


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email