Brawlarinas v. Surly Gurlies


Last night was the second time we went to see the Arizona Roller Derby.  This time was even better.  We actually got to sit and enjoy the bouts.  Last night was also the first full male bout in Arizona.  The men were fun to watch, but not as much fun as the women!

Sadly, I didn't bring my Nikon D80.  I only brought my Canon PowerShot SD1100IS, which does not take very good pictures inside the roller derby.  But I did get a couple videos.




The guy doing the jumps is Quadzilla with the Colorado Big Horns.
He's a bad ass skater; on and off the track!

Hubs and I decided to purchase some shirts this time around.

 I got one to support my team; Brawlarinas!
I love badass broads in tutus! :) (pardon the face)

We also found shirts we liked from a local clothing store.

 My shirt! I love seeing Rosie all tattooed up!

Hubs shirt! His friend that went also got the same one.

We also caught a free shirt during half time!

Last night we had a great time.  I allowed myself to loosen up and be nice to the girl that's going to Vegas.  I don't want to ruin my trip because I'm too stubborn.  Speaking of Vegas!  We are leaving late Tuesday night and Wednesday I will be meeting the lovely Honey B.

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend. What did you do?

4 comments on "Brawlarinas v. Surly Gurlies"

Womb With A Story wrote: March 21, 2010 at 9:49 PM

So glad you had a great time!! Aww that is so cool you get to meet Honey!!


WayneandFarrah wrote: March 22, 2010 at 2:51 PM

LOL this is great because coming from Australia we only just watched the movie 'Whip it' we had no idea roller derby existed now I'm so facinated.


Meg wrote: March 22, 2010 at 7:33 PM

Brawlerinas - what a perfect name! Love the shirt too. Rosie all tattooed up is fabulous!


Anonymous wrote: March 23, 2010 at 6:13 AM

That's a great shirt. I love it! And I am so jealous you are going to Vegas. I went in December and had a great time. Hope you have a safe/fun trip. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email