Take A Hike

This post is going to be heavy on pictures.  All pictures you can click to enlarge.

Hubs and I finally decided to go hiking; I'd only been bugging him about it for a few months.  We're so happy we finally went.  We felt great afterwards.  I just wonder how sore we are going to be tomorrow; I sure felt the burn a few times.  I'd really like to bring the dogs out there once we work on their leash training.

You see that parking lot way out there?  That's where we parked.


Hubs posed for this photo. He's adorable.


A trail we walked up.




I snapped this one without him knowing. Sneaky.

I figured I should probably post a picture of myself.


Enjoying the wonderful breeze.  And watching other families hike.

Hubs likes to give pictures a weird angle.


That sign says "Trail Closed".
We accidentally walked down it; oops!

8 comments on "Take A Hike"

Ashley wrote: March 15, 2010 at 7:27 AM

Looks gorgeous!

Wish we had scenery like that near me!


Angie - The Diaper Baker wrote: March 15, 2010 at 7:30 AM

Awesome pictures, Kaitlin! After seeing this, I may just have to have my first hiking experience....and this is coming from someone who is far from adventurous. LOL. : )


Tierra B. wrote: March 15, 2010 at 7:41 AM

So beautiful!!! I love it


Meg wrote: March 15, 2010 at 7:47 AM

These photos are beautiful! And the scenery is particularly interesting to a Georgia girl like myself. We have mountains, but nothing quite like this. I'm so glad you got to enjoy the sunshine and work out this weekend! What a fabulous way to burn calories!


Holly wrote: March 15, 2010 at 9:14 AM

wow looks a gorgeous hike! We usually go hiking every Sunday afternoon but haven't been in awhile thanks to gross weather and now my swollen (and painful) ovaries. your pics really make me want to get back out there! I think we are going to hike Red Rock Canyon while we are in Vegas. I have heard it's gorgeous. I will let you know so maybe you guys can check it out when you're there! :)


Three Cats and a Baby wrote: March 15, 2010 at 3:35 PM

I am so impressed that you went hiking. Great pictures!! Thanks for sharing!


Kell wrote: March 16, 2010 at 8:51 AM

I love hiking! We have a trail out here that is my favorite. It's part of the Pacific Crest Trails, and it leads to a place called 'the falls'.. just a body of water with a little waterfall. Everyone loves it though because hello, we live in the desert! The only thing is the trail is a couple miles long and just treacherous, ha! But it's worth it.


Anonymous wrote: March 16, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Great pictures and scenery! I love and miss hiking! There's just not much hiking around this area. I can't wait to be able to hike again :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email