I've been meaning to post the second part of this story for awhile.

Go here if you missed Part 1: The MIL.

My mom is very nosey, always has been.  I know she hears me at work talking about babies and what not.

So one day around Christmas time she asked me: "If you don't go to the doctor, how do you get your birth control pills?"


I don't need to go to the doctor to get birth control pills, especially when I have a prescription made out for a years worth.  She knows this.  She just wants to be nosey, like she always is.  And I wasn't going to lie to her about it.

So I told her: "I don't."

Her reponse: "Ohhhhh."


She then proceeded to tell me that the day I called my dad when our house was broken into he said, "She better not be calling me to tell me she's pregnant."  First of all, why would I tell him one of the most important things I'll ever have to tell him over the phone?  Second of all, what would be the big deal, pops?

So now the mother in law and mother know.  OOPS!  I'm not sure if they told the fathers.  I'm pretty sure my mom wouldn't tell my dad, but who knows.  Pretty soon everyone is going to know, and that was something we were trying to avoid.

Kaitlin

3 comments on "When The Mothers Found Out: Part 2: My Mom (The Final Episode)"

Ashley wrote: February 1, 2010 at 9:21 AM

I'm hoping I'll just pop out a kid and then let the parents know I was pregnant, but not anymore. If only life was that easy.


rachaelgking wrote: February 1, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I know it's so not the point, but the title of this kills me.


Nancy wrote: February 10, 2010 at 9:59 PM

I wish I would have never told my mom and mother in law we were trying, they are driving me insane!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email