Weekend Update!

Baby Shower -- It went alright.  I wasn't a fan of a lot of people there, but I made it through it.  It's getting tougher and tougher to go to baby showers each time.  I would be so much more excited to go and hang out if I had a little one or a little one on the way, but I don't.  So I sit there, fight back tears at time and act like everything it alright.

Roller Derby -- Well you're going to be disappointed with me.  I didn't go talk to Fred on Saturday when we went to see the AZ Roller Derby.  I want intimidated!  It was extremely crowded when we got there and there were so many photographers already.  So I never worked up the cajones.  I'm thinking about emailing Fred and seeing if he wants to meet up some time he's free.

We saw the Bad News Beaters bout against the Brawlerinas.  I didn't have a specific team I was going for, but the Bad News Beaters ended up kicking ass!

v.

Faded hand stamp from the AZ Roller Derby.

The jammer coming around the corner.

Invisible jammer!




See the girl walking right there?  In the red.  I wish I could have gotten a picture for you.  It was priceless.  She had this lacy red top on with a black tiny vest on.  Her little boobs were popping out of it along with her chubby belly. Not cute!  I have more to love, but I tuck it away from the public. Yikes!


After Roller Derby we went out for a drink, which is still a weird concept for me.  We sat at the bar and I wasn't carded -- two firsts!  I had a Sex on the Beach; I didn't think it was that great.  But it definitely did the job.  I'm a lightweight since I never drink.  I gotta get ready for Vegas though.  Yes! I'm going to Vegas!

BBQ for my Brother's Birthday -- It was pretty laid back; it was just family.  The past few weren't that laid back.  My brother would have his Police friends over and they'd have one too many beers and they were quite humorous.  But Sunday my SIL and nephew were sick, so it was just a calm night.

But I got to see this little booger!
He likes to eat his books, rather than read them.

And this one of Root Beer because I thought she was laying funny.

Overall, it was a nice week.  A bit busy, but nice.  How was yours?

*My appologies for the awful quality photos.  I only used my iPhone and it doesn't have a quick shutter.  For the Roller Derby I didn't really have a time to use my better camera.  We couldn't get close enough.

9 comments on "Weekend Update!"

Jenna wrote: February 22, 2010 at 9:32 PM

Ok I was never aware there was a roller derby in AZ. I'm totally interested in checking it out, that looks like a good time!

And boo for baby showers. I try to avoid them at all costs, which is horrible of me.

-hugs-


Ashley wrote: February 23, 2010 at 11:29 AM

Looks fun!

My fiance and I are hoping to go see the local Roller Derby girls soon. I'm super excited!


Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) wrote: February 23, 2010 at 2:37 PM

Sounds like fun. Also, YOUR BLOG IS FREAKING ADORABLE. Who did it for you???


Stephanie wrote: February 23, 2010 at 4:46 PM

I love, love, LOVE your new layout!!


NaVe wrote: February 24, 2010 at 11:46 AM

I also love the new layout - and I think it's great that you went to the Derby! Nevermind not talking to Fred - everything will happen in it's own time! I told you already I admire you for the baby shower stuff - I don't go to them anymore and I pretty much hate myself for it.


christa elyce wrote: February 24, 2010 at 8:14 PM

adorable blog!

i've still yet to have gone to Vegas...I'd love to! Take great photos of it for me! I'm so totally wanting to see it!
and...
THANKS FOR COMMENTING!


Sharon wrote: February 25, 2010 at 2:49 PM

I so feel you on the baby shower front, I was being tortured at, I mean went to, a baby shower this weekend for my sister in law. It was so hard. I cried for about an hour before, and numerous times after. But I didn't during the party, so I count that as a victory. : )

Love the look of your blog!!


Three Cats and a Baby wrote: February 25, 2010 at 6:16 PM

That's ok that you didn't talk to Fred. I wanted you to b'c I think you would be great at it, but I totally understand being intimidated when you got there. I would have been too. Do you think you're going to go again?

Boo for baby showers.

Root Beer looks cute :)


Anonymous wrote: February 26, 2010 at 10:10 AM

I got involved with my local roller derby for a brief amount of time. Then I broke my tailbone at the first practice! I am hoping that I'll have the guts to go back once it stops hurting :)

Your dog is adorable!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email