Happy Valentine’s Day!

Hubs and I didn’t have anything planned for today. We went out to dinner last night. We figured the crowds would be smaller. We went to Carlos O'Brien's Mexican Restaurant. I ordered a strawberry daiquiri; it was tasty! ;)

On Thursday, Hubs sent me flowers to work. He said they were supposed to be delivered on Friday, but on Thursday morning I told him I wasn’t going to work on Friday. He had to make a last minute call and have the flowers delivered to me on Thursday.

I meant to take a better picture when I got home, but I just kept forgetting. So this is the only one I have. Sorry!

-
My beautiful flowers from my lovely husband.

Hubs said he thought the lavender roses would be unique. I decided to look up the meaning of lavender flowers because every flower has a meaning.

Lavender Rose
A lavender rose is a symbol of "falling in love". When you give it to a person you are saying "I have fallen in love with you and am enchanted by you."

Isn’t he adorable?!

Here's the card that I gave Hubs this morning when he woke up.

I didn't know how good
love could be
until I fell into it
with a true companion,
a man I can be myself with,
the best friend
I could ever have...
you.

10 comments on "Happy Valentine’s Day!"

Nancy wrote: February 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Sweet :)


Jen @ After The Alter wrote: February 14, 2010 at 9:24 PM

awww I'm glad you had such a nice weekend! Flowers at work is fun!!


Anonymous wrote: February 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM

Aww so sweet! Glad you had a good weekend!


Jenna wrote: February 14, 2010 at 10:25 PM

That's so cute! Your roses are beautiful. :)


Busted Kate wrote: February 15, 2010 at 1:21 AM

That's beautiful! You two are perfect together. Happy V Day!


Megan wrote: February 15, 2010 at 6:15 AM

Those flowers are beautiful! It sounds like you and your husband are so in-love! My husband and I didn't celebrate Valentine's Day this year (because he sucks :P), but I'm glad other people enjoyed the holiday!


Three Cats and a Baby wrote: February 15, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Awwww! Your first Valentine's Day as a married couple!

Getting flowers at work is so exciting!! :)


Honey B. wrote: February 15, 2010 at 11:50 AM

Awww, so sweet!


Kell wrote: February 15, 2010 at 8:16 PM

That's so sweet! I'd love to receive flowers on a holiday.. or any time.. they're my favorite!


Unknown wrote: February 16, 2010 at 2:44 PM

That is SO sweet!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email