You Might Think I'm Crazy

But I have a dream and it's pretty crazy.  After watching Whip It I remembered how awesome it would be.  I started doing some research last week; I honestly didn't know there was an Arizona roller derby team.  How flippin' awesome would it be to be a part of this?  It would be like having another family.


After further discussion with my husband, I have decided that I'm going to contact them.  Not to join right now, but possibly in the future (once I get in better shape).  I'm going to see if they are interested in having someone handle their networking sites; Twitter, Facebook, Blogspot, MySpace and they have a few others.  I would also like to try my hand at photographing them.  Pictures for the website; posed and action shots.  I see that they already have a staff, but I think I might be able to bring something different.  I think I could keep them up to date as well.  All I can do is try and see what they say.


AZ Roller Derby was founded in 2003, making it one of the oldest flat track leagues in the nation. AZ Roller Derby is also a charter member of the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association, the only national governing body to regulate interstate play for flat track roller derby. All of our fabulous derby vixens are volunteers who sacrifice countless hours each week practicing, promoting and savagely beating each other. Every part of this new style of derby IS REAL: every fall, every hit and bloodied body part. It has been said that they do it for the love of the game and the hate of each other; but they also do it to bring you, the good people of Arizona, a high octane sport that is second to none. AZ Roller Derby is a dynamic group of women from all walks of life. From teachers to bankers and home-makers to atomic scientists, the organization is owned and run by women determined to revive this classic American sport on their own terms.


I am going to send an email to the Arizona Roller Derby this week.  Any advice on what I should say and  how I should say it?  I'm quite nervous.  This is something I would really enjoy doing.  And it's something that would get me out of my shell.

Kaitlin

7 comments on "You Might Think I'm Crazy"

Womb With A Story wrote: February 10, 2010 at 6:13 PM

Oh how kickass would that be!! :) I'm rooting for you girly!!


Courtney wrote: February 10, 2010 at 6:25 PM

Umm this would be totally kick ass if you did that for that. I hope you get to help out!


Jenna wrote: February 10, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Dude, I didn't realize such a thing still existed, let alone in Arizona, which is the state I also live in. :)

Totally sounds awesome if you got to do that!


Honey B. wrote: February 10, 2010 at 8:21 PM

Crazy, but in a totally awesome way! I don't really have any specific advice but I can't WAIT to see what you hear back from them!!


Mommy Boots (formerly KarmaPearl) wrote: February 10, 2010 at 10:49 PM

Get it girl! That's AWESOME!


Megan wrote: February 11, 2010 at 9:38 AM

Wow, that sounds AWESOME! I can't wait to hear what they say when they respond to you!

And also - how was Whip It?


Sharon wrote: February 11, 2010 at 3:09 PM

That is totally awesome! : )


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email