A Bit of an Update

Lately I've just been doing meme's.  I just don't feel like I have much to actually write about.  I wake up, go to work, come home, eat dinner, read or watch television, and sleep.  Then I wake up and do it all over again.  No one wants to hear about that boring stuff.

Hubs is still looking for a job.  He currently temporarily employed by my work.  He's been helping us pack and move.  This weekend my office was moved from the 18th and 19th floors to the newly renovated 14th and 15th floors.  That's probably the most exciting thing going on in my life.  It's been wonderful going to work with Hubs and seeing him around the office.

He hasn't heard from anyone he's emailed.  But we recently asked my boss, a very high up attorney, if he could pass Hubs resume along to some people and he did.  Which is great, so we're hoping to get a hit off of that.

Hubs and I were going to go into the office today to get my desk set up and help other people.  But when we got up I checked my work emails and found out we couldn't go down there until after 2:00 pm, which just seemed like a waste.

So, instead we went to the movies.  We saw Grown Ups.


Grown Ups was hilarious.  It's been a long time since we went to the movies to see a funny movie.  I love Kevin James and Adam Sandler.  It was great to see Chris Rock in something other than stand up and his character was unlike anything I've ever seen him do, which was great.  Definitely recommend it.

Afterwards, we came home and decided officially not to go into work.  So we got comfy and got into bed to hang out for the rest of the day.

So I took this time to finally add some books to Paperback Swap.  Feel free to add me as a friend.  Or you could even request some books for me.

I'm hoping to get into a habit of writing regularly, but inspiration hasn't been hitting recently.  Do you have any tips on how to keep your writing strong and going day to day?  Some days I don't feel like I'm cut out to do this.  I don't have an exciting life to blog about everyday.  That's why I do meme's.

Where do you find inspiration?

6 comments on "A Bit of an Update"

Jenna wrote: July 25, 2010 at 5:22 PM

Sometimes I find I have multiple ideas to write about and I'll jot them down (on a napkin or wherever I find a place to write). Then when I have no inspiration I go back to that last and pick something I'd forgotten about and write about it.


Anonymous wrote: July 25, 2010 at 5:36 PM

We saw Grown Ups this weekend too and loved it. I hope inspiration hits you soon. I love reading your blog and I will be here when you get back to reading.


Michelle wrote: July 26, 2010 at 5:10 AM

Oh, I'm checking out Paperback Swap. Sounds just like something I need.


Welcome wrote: July 26, 2010 at 11:07 AM

Grown ups was awesome! I loved it too!! Inspiration comes everywhere - its funny, because my friends all censor what they say now - just in case they edn up on the blog!! So, stop by my blog to see the great reveal: An entire week of giveaways!!

XOXO
Kiki


Jen @ After The Alter wrote: July 27, 2010 at 12:08 PM

I fall into those writing slumps too. Don't worry you'll find your inspiration! I'm glad you liked the movie! I haven't seen it but heard mixed things.


Unknown wrote: July 27, 2010 at 6:28 PM

I like to carry around a notebook and whenever I get an idea for something to blog about I'll write it down. I think whatever inspires you is what you should write about. It doesn't even have to be fabulous, just write.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email