"You're Next!"



How many of you hate it when you go to a baby shower and everyone there tells you "you're next!"?  I know I do!  I had to go through that (again) last Thursday.  So far, I'm the only younger girl in my office who hasn't had a baby yet.  In the past year (or less) there have three baby showers.  And that's just at work.  I've had to endure people telling me that at every single baby shower, but it doesn't just stop then.  It always goes on for about another week.  People asking/telling me "When are you going to have a baby?"  We aren't positive yet.  "You should have a baby NOW."  Alright, let me just pop one out right now.  "When are you going to start trying?"  I don't know.  "Do you have a goal of when you want to start trying?"  Sometime between now and ten years from now.

People!  Give me a damn break!  If I want you to be a part of my personal life, I'll let you.  But until then, please leave me alone! :)

Apparently people in my office think having a baby for everyone is as easy at pitching the birth control and condoms, but that's not true!  They don't understand for a couple the average time it takes to get pregnant is a year!  Another thing they don't get is; if I want to you know, then I would have told you by now.

I'm sure everybody has this issue.  People pressing them for answers, but not wanting to share.  I don't mind sharing with you guys though, my blog friends!

Kaitlin

4 comments on ""You're Next!""

Busted Kate wrote: November 19, 2009 at 9:09 AM

LOL, I hate that. "You're next!"

Just tell 'em you have to get all these raging STDs under control first. That'll shut 'em up.


Anonymous wrote: November 19, 2009 at 9:11 AM

I know what you mean. It only took about 3 hrs after we got married for this question to pop up! over and over again...

Shane


Kell wrote: November 22, 2009 at 3:07 PM

I'm exactly like that! I don't like it when people press me for information.

I'd hate to have people pestering me about having a baby. "I just got married, gimme some time to enjoy my husband!"


Anonymous wrote: November 23, 2009 at 10:22 PM

I have had people get all in my personal business too. :( And unfortuantely some of them never seem to catch on that my vague answers mean I don't want to talk about it!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email