Texas

Yesterday I received a text message from Hubs saying, "We're moving to Texas in March." I was some what put off by that statement. When he said "we're moving" I had assumed he meant his work, for some reason. So I asked for clarification, but he did not mean his work. He mean "we're" as in him and me.


Him wanting to move comes as no surprise to me. He's been talking about it for at least the past year, maybe longer. Hubs is originally from Alaska, so this hot Phoenix sun is making him melt. We've talked about moving cooler places in state. Such as; Prescott, Prescott Valley, Flagstaff, Chino Valley, etc. Those are all great ideas, but it's not a good time to move. Considering we "own" our house. The market isn't in a good place to sell.

I'm a Phoenix native. This place is all I know, so the idea of moving freaks me out! Moving in state wouldn't be as bad, at least then we would be close enough to both of our families in case anything happened or if we had kids they would still be close enough to see their grandparents often. But moving to another state means losing that closeness with our families. In a way, that's a good thing. It let's us get out on our own.

The crazy thing about it is, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. Going somewhere new. [Hopefully] meeting new people, making new friends. [Possibly] finding a job that I actually like! The possibilities are endless. Also, we wouldn't be that far away, it's not like we are wanting to move to New York.

Hubs and I have never actually been to Texas before, but one of his close friends is originally from there and would love to go back one day. We've already talked about the fact that we would need to visit Texas first to even see what part of it we would want to live in. He's suggested Tyler, Mesquite and Terrell. Oh how I wish the fictional town of Dillon from Friday Night Lights was real!


Don't even get me started on how awesome it would be to live with all the people from Friday Night Lights. I would be in my own personal version of Heaven.

Have you ever moved out of state? If so, how did it change your life? Was is scary? Do you ever regret it? Do you still talk to/see your families often?

2 comments on "Texas"

Jim Klenke wrote: November 5, 2009 at 5:32 AM

Hi, I noticed you are looking to move to Texas, maybe Terrell. I have a blog full of pictures of Terrell. www.terrelldailyphoto.com Its a nice town thats far enough from Dallas to still be a small town, but still just a half hour drive from Dallas.


Anonymous wrote: November 10, 2009 at 8:30 PM

Kaitlin you'll like TX! :) I've been to Abilene (very west TX) and to Cedar Hill (20 min from Dallas/FT Worth). I miss it. I didn't go visit in the best time of year (Feb), but I still liked it. People are truly polilte and sweet there! :) How exciting. :)
~Heather~ :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email