I Should Make Some of These -- NY Resolutions

Most of this layout has been "borrowed" from Honey at The Honey B. Blog.

Like almost everyone else in the world, I set New Year's resolutions and never keep them.  This year though, is a different story [I'm hoping].  There are a few items on my list that I'd really like to achieve this year.  Such as, cutting fast food and [most] caffeine.



Losing Weight!  That's definitely the first thing on my list this year.  Since meeting Hubs I've been very careless with the way I've treated my body.  I don't pay much attention to what I'm putting in it.  And I never do anything to keep those calories from turning into fat on my body.  What am I talking about?  It hasn't been since I've met Hubs.  I've always been this way.
  • I purchased The Biggest Loser: The Workout - Weight Loss Yoga as an aid to help me lose the weight.  My goal is to do one of the DVD workouts at least 3 times a week.
  • Honey from The Honey B. Blog and I have been talking about a diet that's really worked for her.  So I decided to give it a try it out this year to see how it works for me.  I know it's not about a diet, then it is a lifestyle change.  But there were no major lifestyle changes for me this year like I had planned.  So, I want to try this out as a kickstart to my new lifestyle change.  My goal is to stick to this until I get off the weight I want to lose, then maintain.


Cutting the Caffeine and Fast Food!  My caffeine and fast food intake has been crazy my entire life.  I've never had someone there telling me not to drink soda or telling me to watch what I eat, so I've had whatever I wanted, whenever I wanted.  So every morning I've had some coffee or a Dr Pepper to wake me up, rather then just letting my body wake itself up.  I know going cold turkey is not the best option.  The migraines I get are insane and I just got right back to it anyways.  My goal is to cut back to at least 200 mg a day and to stop eating fast food.



Charting My Temps!  I recently purchased a basal body thermometer from Fairhaven Health so I could start charting my temps.  I also have The Fertility Journal to write all my info down in throughout my cycle.  I'm not sure how charting it going to go for me because in the morning the first thing I like to do when I get up is go to the bathroom and potty, so it's going to be an adjustment.  I'm thinking about setting my alarm for 5 minutes early to get the temping in early.  My goal is to start temping every morning.



Getting Pregnant!  This is my ultimate goal this year.  I realize I'm still young, but I started feeling the need to be a mommy.  I know most of my friends cringe at the idea of having a baby right now.  For me, it feels right.  My goal is to get pregnant this year.

Well there you have it.  What are your New Year's resolutions?

Kaitlin

7 comments on "I Should Make Some of These -- NY Resolutions"

Kell wrote: January 1, 2010 at 10:46 PM

I hope you can do all of these things! Your goals are the same as mine- except the pregnant thing and charting temps :)

I've found it's not so hard to cut fast food as long as I have something at home to eat. Soda- well.. as long as there is none in the house I'm good. I try to stick to lemonade, sugar-free kool aid and other juices (and water and milk of course!) But.. I always end up going back to my old habits. My goal for this year is to completely stick it out.. for GOOD! So I hope we can both do it :)


Honey B. wrote: January 1, 2010 at 10:48 PM

Awesome resolutions! I'm excited to do the diet with you, its way better with a partner! :-)


Nikus wrote: January 1, 2010 at 11:39 PM

Temping is hard but once you figure out when you OV, you don't have to keep doing it. I am a wake-and-pee kinda girl too, and I would lay in bed legs crossed waiting for the damn thing to beep! Just fair warning, and good luck. You can do it! There is a great website too called FertilityFriend.com, plus it is free.

I'm doing diet too and hubby is doing one with me, different versions, but eating better so no more chips and cookies in the house! Power to us!


Jen @ After The Alter wrote: January 2, 2010 at 10:22 AM

Great resolutions!!I too am trying to get healthy starting now! I did so well before my wedding..but since then I have lost track..and then with my rough summer and TTC I have been turning to take out and not cooking. So back to business! I hope it works for you!!


Anonymous wrote: January 2, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Great list! I hope this is the year for both of us to have a baby!!:)


BabyWid wrote: January 2, 2010 at 10:06 PM

I just wanted to say, "Good Luck with all your New Years Resolutions". I was temping a few months before I conceived my little one, it's hard work but once you started seeing the patterns, it will be worth those extra few minutes each morning. Sending a lot of positive vibes and baby dust your way!! Stay positive and try not to stress!!
I too will be TTC at the end of 2010!


Ashley @ Germato.com wrote: January 4, 2010 at 7:10 AM

Great goals!

Good luck with them all. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email