Pregnancy Journal

I don't know why but people seem to like to give me nice hardback journals as presents. I don't use them, right now they're just sitting on a bookshelf. The other day I decided what I was going to do with them -- I want to use them as Pregnancy Journals. I think it would be fun to document what's happening during pregnancy, I could show my kids when they got older. They might not care, but I think it would be fun to document that stuff in (hand)writing, on actual paper. Rather then just using the internet. The journal is something I can carry around with me and write in it when I get the urge. I'm also thinking of documenting the journey BEFORE, as well. It might be a good place to get out my true feelings.

I'm not sure when this is going to happen, but I've at least made a decision about what I'm actually going to use them for. They're really pretty, and I've felt bad that they've just been sitting around. When I went to take a picture of them, I had fewer journarls then I though. The top three are ones that I'll actually write in. The blue on with a K on it is more of a notepad, the pages tear out easily. I'm going to tell my mom that if she finds anymore hardback journals that she thinks I might like, then to pick them up for me. I'm going to start a collection! I've had a lot of journals over the years, I kind of wish I would have kept all of them. Sad! (In the top picture though, you can see the dragonflies a little better.)

5 comments on "Pregnancy Journal"

Nat wrote: September 8, 2009 at 7:54 AM

I'm loving the top 3 notebooks :) and I think the idea of writing about your pregnancy is great!!! As I was reading I also thought that maybe documenting yourfirst year of marriage would be fun, although I suppose you are already doing so via the blog :)

Still no results. But I had my first day of school today! I'll be in Manchester (UK) for a week, doing some observations and seeing how the school works from the Spanish department's point of view. So far I have enjoyed myself a lot, I get to follow a teacher around, and although at first I wasn't entirely sure that my jokes and humour were appropiate, it turns out we have as imilar humour... So I'm more relaxed. The only thing is that I was dying to go to the bathroom but was too shy to ask lol.

How's the house going? problems solved?


Kaitlin wrote: September 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

That's a good idea! Documenting our first year of marriage. This blog is that, sorta. But I could start documenting it in a journal so I can keep that forever. :) But I can't wait to start a pregnancy one, that would be so fun! Not the first few months (morning sickness and whatnot). But later on I will definitely appreciate them.

I'm glad Manchester is going good! How's seeing your man?! That's got to be really exciting! When are you supposed to find out the results? They are taking entirely too long! Hah, :)

The house is going alright, the floors are done. FINALLY! We are still in the process of arranging furniture and putting everything back where it should be. The kitchen is a mess because that's where we put a bunch of stuff during the floor process. I can't wait until everything is completely done!

How's everything else going? I hope you're having a great time in Manchester.


Kaitlin wrote: September 8, 2009 at 12:28 PM

We could even email if you want to, if that would make things more simple.


Nat wrote: September 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM

Sure, I'd be ahhpy to email or Facebook even :)

Well, 'my man' is in China... I'm just staying at his house, with his parents... Yeah. haha No, but they're lovely and really sweet; they take me to the school and back every day and feed me. I'm going to the cinema with my bf's mum tonight! To watch Julie & Julia... Have you heard of it?


Kaitlin wrote: September 9, 2009 at 10:59 AM

Facebook would be great! I didn't know if you had one. http://www.facebook.com/kaitlinmarieshafer

Wow, what's he doing in China? That's really nice of his parents to let you stay there and take care of you! :) I have heard of that. I really want to see that movie and read the book. Rob and I were supposed to go to the movies this weekend, but completely forgot. Maybe we can go this week, or next weekend. Let me know how it is! :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email