Birth Control

Last week Rob and I made a big decision. We decided that I should stop taking my birth control. I'm not sure if we're completely 100% ready for everything that comes along with a baby, but I do know that we're ready to try. I think for right now we're not going to actively try to get pregnant, but if it happens then we're not going to be upset about it.

It's hard to not feel the baby fever right now. My co-worker/friend (Valissa) has a six month old. My brother and his wife have a one month old. There are two other girls at my work that are pregnant, and one is about to pop any moment. I've just had that feeling lately that I want to be a mother. It's the strangest thing for me, I've never felt anything like it.

Our ideal situation to start trying would be when I was able to stay at home full time with a little one, but we're not sure when that's going to be. Probably not for a few years, and neither of us wants to wait that long. When the time comes Valissa and I plan on talking to our HR and seeing if she would consider us working part time from home and part time in the office. Our jobs can almost be fully done at home. That would be wonderful if we could do that, but if not then I'm not sure what we would do.

I'm thinking about getting some pregnancy and ovulation tests just to have on hand. Nanette ("sister-in-law") told me about this website that she found, http://www.saveontests.com/. As it stands right now, I'm not sure exactly when I ovulate since my birth control was giving me an artificial period. I don't know what my "regular" period is going to do without the help of the pill and the ovulation tests should help me figure that out.

I'm thinking that I might start making this blog geared towards our journey, or I might make a new one. I'm not sure yet. I'll do some thinking.

1 comment on "Birth Control"

Honey B. wrote: December 12, 2009 at 4:46 PM

Did you make a new blog for this? Its a topic I'm currently obsessed with....lol


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email