Weekend Update!

  • Saturday we went to my parents house to see my nephew, Grayson, since my mom was babysitting him.  When we got there though he was napping again.  So we watched television for about an hour or so.
  • It was time for Grayson to get up since he hadn't even had lunch yet.  So my mom fed him some lunch. It took him awhile to get used to me since it had been about a month since he last saw me.  But he finally did.  I got lots of smiles out of him which were incredibly adorable.
Grayson on the verge of a smile.

  • After lunch, my mom decided we should take Grayson swimming.  I'll have my mom email the pictures I took of him on her camera.  Her camera died before she could get a shot of me holding him.  He held onto my the entire time we were swimming.  I would give him to my dad and he would want to come right back to me.  Super cute!
  • On Sunday I woke up and made cookies!  I had been craving them since Thursday night.
  • I finally bought some new bras from Lane Bryant.  I got four because they were buy one get one free.  But they are still way too expensive!
  • I decided I wanted to paint my nails.  They've been super boring because I haven't wanted to go spend a fortune to have someone paint them.

I got Hubs to help with the toes. ;)
  • Not quite the weekend, but today Hubs received a package from his Grandpa, "Eagle Bill".  Hubs had received a call from his Grandpa last week asking him if he wanted a pair of his old cowboy boots from when he was a little boy, so Hubs said sure.  His Grandpa said he would also send some photos.  (Just to give you an idea, these boots are smaller then the palm of my hand.)  He mailed these all the way from Alaska.

How cute are these?!

Being with my nephew made me realize how much I really do want kids. My own kids. Making him smile and taking him swimming was amazing. I can't wait to do that with my own children.

How was your weekend?  What did you do?

2 comments on "Weekend Update!"

Betty wrote: June 8, 2010 at 1:51 AM

Aww, those boots are so cute! Baby stuff from ages ago always makes me squee -- last time we were at my grandparents', my dad found a baby shoe that had belonged to my granddad. It was so sweet!

We had a good weekend -- met with the in-laws and told them I'm pregnant :)


Anonymous wrote: June 8, 2010 at 5:48 AM

What a great weekend! Your nephew is just absolutely adorable. I hope you get to become a mother soon. <3


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email