Happy (belated) Mother's Day!

Well, this was my first Mother's Day.  Which is just such a weird concept for me to grasp.  I still can't believe that in less than 5 months I'm going to be a mom to a tiny little human.

My fabulous husband bought me a necklace and wrote me a cute note. :)  He even sat with me to watch Fifteen and Pregnant.  Such an awful movie, by the way. But he stuck it out with me! I also got to pick whatever we ate, which wasn't much different than normal.  He's started to ask, "what does baby want to eat?"

I finally decided to splurge and buy a Doppler.  I found one on Craigslist for only $35 so I went for it.  We were able to pick it up on Sunday so on my first Mother's Day I was able to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time.

It turned out to be a nice day. :) I hope everyone else had a great day too. Regardless of your situation.

Also, in NINE short (or long and excruciating, but trying to look on the bright side) we get to find out the gender of our baby! Absolute insanity!

3 comments on "Happy (belated) Mother's Day!"

Lindsey wrote: May 16, 2012 at 9:29 PM

I'm so insanely happy for you guys. My hubby was never into the super sweet pregnancy stuff, I'm jealous:-) Congratulations! Can't wait to hear pink or blue (I think pink!)


Lauren wrote: May 17, 2012 at 9:21 PM

We got a crappy doppler and it NEVER worked, even when the baby was full-term. I'm glad that your first mother's day was lovely! And you better @ me on Twitter with the results of your sono, lady!


Lauryn wrote: May 24, 2012 at 1:20 PM

What a gorgeous necklace! How exciting to be pregnant for Mother's Day. Congratulations on your little one on the way!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email