How He Proposed

Since it's the two year anniversary of when Hubs proposed I figured it was about time I posted this.

It was Monday January 19, 2009, we were planning to go over to my parents house to have lunch with them since it was Martin Luther King, Jr. Day so we all day the day off work.

On the way there I think he did something to annoy me so I was pretty quiet.  (Read: ignoring him.)

Guess which song happened to come on the radio while we were on our way... Single Ladies.  How ironic.  Hubs told me he even turned it up, I guess so I would get a hint.  But since I was busy ignoring him I didn't even notice.

Well we got to my parents house and went to the door, which was unlocked.  And right when I walked in Hubs called my name so I turned around and saw this...

Crappy quality but it's a great memory.
I was completely surprised.  I just started crying.  Hubs swears that he never heard me say yes, but I did.  It was just hard to hear me since I was so choked up.

I had no idea he was planning on proposing to me anytime soon.  I had just had a mini-breakdown in December telling him that I wanted him to propose to me on Christmas and I knew he wasn't going to.

(He chose my parents front door step to propose to me because that's the first place we met in person.  We'd been friend online for awhile and he finally asked me out on a date.  When he came to pick me up for that date that was the first time we'd ever met.  You can find the story about how we meet here.)

My gorgeous engagement ring that Hubs picked out all on his own.

Afterward, we still went to lunch with my parents.  There I proceeded to gawk at my ring and text everyone that I could think of that I was now engaged! 

16 comments on "How He Proposed"

Unknown wrote: January 19, 2011 at 7:28 PM

That is so sweet! I think I still have some of those pics in that thing of crafty stuff you gave me. Remind me and I'll try to remember to bring them to lunch next week!


jennifer @ what would jen do wrote: January 19, 2011 at 7:31 PM

aww cute story, i remember asking you to write this a long time ago


Courtney wrote: January 19, 2011 at 8:00 PM

So freaking cute!!!!


Amber Nicole wrote: January 19, 2011 at 8:31 PM

Awwwww!!!! I got all goosebumpy reading this! :)


annie wrote: January 19, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I love hearing engagement stories. Thanks for sharing! You may have just inspired me to post mine!


Kell wrote: January 19, 2011 at 11:34 PM

That's so cute! And creative.. and I LOVE your ring!!


myTTCstory wrote: January 20, 2011 at 9:16 AM

That's lovely, brought a tear to my eye! I was surprised when my OH proposed to, I think it's the best way if they can pull if off! xx


Tillie wrote: January 21, 2011 at 1:55 PM

Awe your story is so stinking cute!!! I love it and your ring!!


Just Add Walter wrote: January 21, 2011 at 2:01 PM

cute - love the story!


Anonymous wrote: January 21, 2011 at 9:11 PM

So cute!!!!


Danielle-Marie wrote: January 22, 2011 at 5:25 PM

Love it :)


Honey B. wrote: January 22, 2011 at 7:27 PM

Awww...so cute!!


Unknown wrote: January 24, 2011 at 3:46 PM

Awwwwww!!! This totally made me all teary eyed! What a guy!!!


Rach wrote: January 25, 2011 at 1:33 PM

That is adorable! I love it! I am getting married in 5 months! And love looking through your blog! I love the buying stuff each paycheck idea! Please check out my blog! http://ohtheplacesfallingup.blogspot.com


Lori wrote: January 25, 2011 at 5:26 PM

Hey! It's ICLW and was just droppin' by to let you know I just gave you a blogging award- go and check it out! :)

lovelifeandinfertility.com


Em wrote: January 25, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Hey girl, I wanted to tell you I just gave you an award... check it out (thechapmannest@blogspot.com)

Oh and I LOVE YOUR RING. I have a tanzanite ring in a vintage setting for my wedding ring. I wanted an unique ring. :)


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email