Blog Failure/Floor Update

I feel like a big fat blog failure lately! I haven't updated since the 10th! I know many people don't follow me, but I still feel like a failure and I mainly blog for me. I've just been really stressed and distracted lately with all the work that's going on at my house at the moment. Once the floors are 100% finished and everything is back there is should be, I'm going to make a perfect spot for me to sit down a blog.

FLOOR UPDATE:

The main thing that's been stressing me out are my floors! Tuesday was an awful day! We were so excited to finally be able to get our floors done on Tuesday. It was all set that I would take the day off work, we would get the floors done and then that week we would start putting together our gorgeous entertainment center. WELL! It turns out that our floors that we thought was going to be a one day job really turned out to be a THREE day job. They never mentioned that to us. Very frustrating!

On Tuesday though, Rob's Gramma & Husband, Art decided to come over to watch the guys put the floor down. I had previously told Rob that I didn't want them to come over. If he would have been there, then that would have been fine. But I didn't particularly want to hang out with them. So they were bugging me the whole time. I was seriously about to go insane.

While the floor guys were working they ran into some issues, apparently. They didn't decide to share this information with me (THE HOMEOWNER) but with Rob's Gramma and Art. That was the last straw. Bad enough they were there, but now the floor people are telling them about the issues that were going on with the floors. So I decide to go over to talk to the guys and figure out what the issue is. Turns out the floor in our bedroom and living room needed to be leveled and ground down. Which meant extra time and extra money. But this guy couldn't tell me how much. So I had to wait an hour and a half to two hours for the owner of the company, Jason, to come to our house to talk to us. The previous day the owner had actually come to our house and seen the rooms that we were getting the floors done in and he said there wouldn't be any issues. A little bit later Rob's dad showed up so he would be there when the owner got there.

So, when Jason finally showed up he went around the house and looked at the spots that needed work done on them. After that he told us that it was going to cost $400 for all the extra work. We had previously agreed on paying $3,000 for all the work, that's it! I told them I was going to need to talk to Rob about it, and Jason and his workers went to Home Depot to pick up the extra supplies and the trim that was needed for the floors. Shortly after Rob called the owner from work to argue/discuss the situation with him. In the end we only have to pay $120 for the leveling material and that's it. Jason is going to pay the other guys for their labor.

We thought our floors were going to be 100% finished on Thursday, but when we get home we see the the transition pieces from room to room were not put it. (And I guess they are back ordered, which they never mentioned.) And they ran out of trim so there was no trim put up in any of the closets. And apparently the doors on the closets in two bedroom and the hallway won't fit anymore so we need to get new railing for the floor for them to fit, which I don't get why they even pulled the railing up in the first place. All in all, I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS COMPANY! We have not heard a single thing from them since they stopped work yesterday.

Why is it just one thing after another?

Next post I'll write about our counterfeit money experience! I can't believe I haven't shared this story yet!

4 comments on "Blog Failure/Floor Update"

Nat wrote: August 28, 2009 at 3:44 PM

Well hello there!! I found your blog yesterday and decided to 'follow' you. Tha sounds kinda stalky-ish.... hmmm

I just read your latest update and I was amused albeit I felt for you. It's just one's luck, isn't it. People in all the 'building' business, seem to be able to take the longest time getting things done, and when you complain they don't even make the effort to speed things up... They just give excuses. *sigh*

I haven't read all your blogging updates...yet. I shall work through that hehe. But I'm glad you're happy in your recent marriage :) how long were you and Rob together before you tied the knot?

I think I'll give the book you're reading a try... sounds interesting! And funny :)

Good luck with your floor!!


Kaitlin wrote: August 28, 2009 at 3:50 PM

Well hello back! I noticed I had a new follower and I was quite surprised. How did you find my blog?

I was trying to figure out what yours was once I saw that you were following me, and now that you commented me I can see it! :) I will follow you right back!

Rob and I dated about 18 months before he proposed, then 3 months later we were married. We actually moved in together after only 3 month of dating, we were crazy!

It's nice you meet you, Nat! :)


Nat wrote: August 28, 2009 at 4:16 PM

Hahaha same here, nice to meet you too! I'm not THAT sure how I came across your blog! I think it was through one you might follow... Ohhhh something about organising or something along those lines.... Maybe...? yes...? no...?

Wow that's impressive!! After just 3 months!! Soooo braaaave! I've been with my boyfriend for almost 3 years and we still don't live together. Although, come to think of it... It's not that we don't want to, but we can't at the moment :( living in different places and all. But hopefully in a year's time.........? Or eventually at least :)

I like you already haha I think you're going to be my first 'official' follower... yay!


Kaitlin wrote: August 28, 2009 at 4:30 PM

That could be right. I do follow an organizing blog. I do love organizing, that's for sure.

I know, we were crazy. I think that was a good move for us. We bought our house before getting married too. We did everything out of order. That stinks about living in different places. Where is he at?

I am your first official follower! :) I think I like you already too! I'm looking forward to reading your blog. Sorry mine is relatively boring. I'm trying to get better at updating it.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email