Baby Shower / Birthday Party


On September 1st we had our baby shower which also happened to be my birthday.  I knew my birthday would be overshadowed by the baby shower and that was perfectly alright with me!  I'd rather celebrate Andrew!

The balloon baby! My MIL had him made with brown hair and blue eyes.
The husband and I with our diaper cake!
We surprisingly had a lot of people show up.  The people that showed were mainly friends of Rob's mom. The people that didn't show were actual friends of ours that I thought were going to be coming.  Luckily, I was able to see a few friends that I haven't seen in awhile and that was awesome.

I love presents like this! Some people are so creative!
We got quite a few things, but honestly, I'm not sure how many of them are going to be useful.  Since this is my MIL's first grand baby she went a little overboard buying stuff.  She did get us a brand new car seat which I am super thankful for!

The present haul! The furniture was also given to us but not at the shower.
I'm also having a work shower on Thursday.  Exciting! :)

I'm not sure what else we need besides a stroller, but we won't be using one right away so I'm not freaking out about not having that yet.  I'm not sure how many clothes we'll actually need, so I guess we'll see when we get to that point.

I think we're as ready as we're going to be.  I think...

14 comments on "Baby Shower / Birthday Party"

Kell wrote: September 11, 2012 at 3:27 PM

The baby boy balloon is so cute! It's too bad some of your friends couldn't take the time to show up.. but it seems like that's how people are these days. It seems like your little one should be here soon. I'm excited for you!


Kell wrote: September 11, 2012 at 3:28 PM

(Of course as I commented I see he's due late October.. that's still kinda soon, right? :)


Lin wrote: September 11, 2012 at 4:21 PM

Holy cow, you guys got a ton of stuff! That's so cool. Looks like you're almost set for the next few months haha.

Dude, major props to your MIL for making that kick ass balloon baby! So cool.


Melanie Montgomery wrote: September 15, 2012 at 3:53 PM

Always good to have more than you need than less!


Unknown wrote: September 20, 2012 at 3:14 PM

WOW what a great way to celebrate your birthday!! So exciting to have so much baby gear in your house :) And I agree with Melanie, always better to have more than not enough.. so you wont have to do so much laundry :)

www.lilmsadventures.blogspot.com


Sarah wrote: November 21, 2012 at 1:57 AM

It has been years since I attended a Baby Shower. That said, I recommend more activities to make it an unforgettable one. Here's one for starters from Mommy Monthly: baby shower game ideas.


Unknown wrote: December 20, 2012 at 1:42 AM

I'm scouting the web for some baby shower themes and I found yours really fun but extremely easy to do. The photos really captured how much fun you had.


Unknown wrote: January 3, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Did your guest give you some funky kids clothing? I am going to give birth to my first child on April and I am planning to organize a baby shower by myself. I am expecting more baby clothes than diapers because I want to dress up my baby with cute clothes.


Unknown wrote: January 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

It seems like yesterday when my tot had his first birthday and now, he's already ready to wear his childrens rashies for his first swimming lesson! How time flies. Love the diaper cake, btw.


Unknown wrote: January 15, 2013 at 10:16 PM

The babyshower surely looks fun. Having so many baby gifts is exponentially better than having less, indeed. Congrats with the baby!


Jo Summers wrote: January 18, 2013 at 2:06 AM

That is a pefect baby shower for me because of the gifts that you guys received. Now, I want to see some newborn photos Perth because I want to plan every event for my baby.


Unknown wrote: January 20, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Am I such a bad godmother if I give childrens clothing as a gift for a my best friend's babyshower? I figured my cute future nephew would get there, anyway.


Unknown wrote: January 30, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Wow! That’s a lovely celebration, looking through it makes me more excited with our baby shower this month. But before that we still need to look for baby registry essentials to fully enjoy the upcoming celebration!

Louisse


Unknown wrote: January 30, 2013 at 11:44 PM

your post and your photo's are looking quite impressive. My only sons first birthday in on 2nd June of this year and i am planning for a grand baby shower. I am also planning to wore my son a funky clothing for which he will looks more handsome in his baby shower day.


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email