Meeting Dr. Jay

It's been awhile since I've posted and quite a few things have happened since.

We had a consultation with a new RE that I found through the Resolve Walk of Hope at the end of April. I had decided I was tired of not having any answers, so I set out to seek for some.

During the consultation we discussed our TTC history and what my previous OB diagnosed. My previous OB diagnosed me as anovulatory. I never shared that here when I received that information. I never truly believed his diagnosis.

After that he went over his different level of tests they run. He told me we should do the first level of testing which includes:
  • Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) (CD 7-11)
  • Semen analysis
  • Post-coital test and an internal ultrasound (CD 14-16)
He went over what every test was and what they would do. But little did he know that I knew what each of them was. I've been in the TTC community long enough to learn a thing or two. He explained to us how some doctors find the post-coital to be a bit outdated, but he explained his reasoning behind why he still does it. Which I felt was a good reason.

Both of us felt comfortable with him as a person and doctor.

So we started level one testing...

4 comments on "Meeting Dr. Jay"

Anonymous wrote: June 1, 2011 at 9:36 AM

I'm very glad you like this new doc and he was so thorough in explaining all of the testing. Good luck with all of them. And you know where to turn for questions! :)


Honey B. wrote: June 1, 2011 at 8:04 PM

I'm so glad that your new doc is good! I'm excited for you, keep me posted!


Everly wrote: June 2, 2011 at 8:05 AM

Good for you going to the RE. I too have heard mixed reviews on the post coital and only know one other person who actually had that done.


Unknown wrote: June 7, 2011 at 1:11 PM

I'm so glad you found a doctor that you feel comfortable with! Good luck with the testing! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! :)

Twitter Goodreads RSS Email